Chapter 13 - Blood Of Fury

As we flew to Gothi's house at the highest peak in Berk, we could see the vikings searching the houses for Hiccup.

Monica and I landed below Gothi's house so she wouldn't see our dragons. We had to climb to the top, which wasn't very far, but when you're carrying a boy as heavy as you are it's kinda hard.

We knocked on her door and she answered with a smile.

"Gothi, please help Hiccup. He was struck by lightning. He's still warm but he won't wake up." I said as I walked in her house and set Hiccup on her bench.

She looked at me, then at Monica, then at Hiccup. She walked upstairs and grabbed a piece of paper and some charcoal to write with.

She began to tell us things by drawing pictures.

First she drew a lightning bolt.

Then she drew a figure, which was probably Hiccup.

Then she drew a question mark and looked at me.

"Yes." I said.

She flipped the paper over and drew a flower next to a Skrill, which was part of the Strike Class.

Then she drew thunderstorms.

"So, a Skrill struck Hiccup?" I asked.

Gothi nodded.

"But why?" Monica asked.

Gothi drew another picture.

"Is that an axe? Oh, and that's a helmet. And there's a sword." I said as she drew pictures of things that vikings would use.

"But why would a Skrill strike an axe?" I asked.

"Oh! It's metal! That's why he was struck! Skrills are attracted to metal because they can use it to kill." Monica said.

"And that would explain why vikings never risked their lives trying to capture one. It totally makes sense now." I said.

"But how do we wake him up?" Monica asked, pointing to Hiccup.

"Gothi, is there a way to wake him up, or an antidote or something?" I asked.

She nodded.

She drew a Night Fury, and a knife, and what looked to be like drops of blood.

"So get blood from a Night Fury?" Monica asked, studying the picture.

The witch nodded.

"And then he should be fine?" I asked.

She nodded again.

"Thanks, Gothi! We'll be on our way now. Sorry for bothering you." Monica said politely as she picked Hiccup up and walked out of the house and to Spitfire.

"Thanks, again." I waved goodbye and grabbed a cup, following Monica to our dragons.

Hiccup, here we come.