Chapter 4

DREW'S POV:

     Today was Monday, and this morning I got a call from Rachel. I answered the phone, excited to hear her voice. "Um can I get your address. I want to ask you something." she said. "Of course you can come! My address is 1234 Street. Is everything ok?" I asked her. There was no answer and the call ended. I  was in my black gym shorts and had on a white tank. It was certainly not a way to impress her. I quickly slipped on some jeans, took off my shirt, and sprayed my cologne all over myself. I cleaned up  my apartment a bit and looked in the mirror. I shook my head to make my hazel brown hair lay to the side, and waited for her. I heard a knock on the door, and ran to answer it. It was Rachel of course, but she didn't look the same. Her big beautiful brown eyes that usually danced with happiness, were now filled with fear and sadness. There were red and I could tell she was crying. I just hoped everything was okay.

RACHEL'S POV:

     When he opened the door to his apartment, I saw that he was shirtless with jeans, revealing his rock hard abs. He looked so hot. I ran into his arms as soon as he opened the door.  He had that same, sweet, comforting smell to him. He closed the door and sat on the edge of his bed. He ran his fingers through my red velvet hair and asked "What's wrong babe?" Omg! He called me babe! Were we together? I thought. I lifted up my head from his chest, and he gently wiped away the tears that were streaming from my eyes. He scooted over the bed, and laid me on his lap. "What happened?" he asked. "My dad...he's...he's gone." I mumbled. "I'm so sorry babe." he said sincerely. He laid back and I was on top of him. He put his hand around my waist and we talked and talked. "I just can't believe both of my parents are gone...and I can't just stay at my house with my step-mom. She showed no compassion to me whatsoever. Its like she didn't even care. You know?" I told him. "I understand, Rachel." he stated. "You do?" I asked. "Yeah. I do....when...when my brother died...." he hesitated.

     My jaw dropped. "Your brother died?" I asked concerned. "Yeah, his name was Tyler. he was the most popular guy in school. He was about 3 years older than me, and I always wanted to be just like him when I grew up. He was blonde, tanned, and toned. He had a big future ahead of him. Tyler was a great football player, and he was proposed multiple scholarships to many different colleges. And that was before he threw it all away. He started to hang around the wrong types of people during his senior year. He began to take drugs, and eventually died from an overdose." he said. I hugged him so tightly that I was basically choking him, AND myself.

     "I feel so bad." I said. He smiled and said  "It's alright. I was hurt pretty bad at first, but I got used to it over time." he confessed. "Oh" I said surprised. If I was in his position, I would've still been sad. "Ever since then, I wanted somebody to talk to, to be around, to love." he said charmingly. I blushed and responded "Then I may just be your girl." he chuckled and my fingers crawled into his hair and stroked it. He then began to clutch my hips and we kissed. I was on top of him. The kiss was intense, but still passionate. We sat up on the bed, and I sat on his lap with my legs wrapped around him without breaking the romantic kiss. His tongue explored my mouth, and it was like I've known him forever. We finally stopped kissing, all we were both out of breath. I smiled and said "Damn! You're a good kisser!" he smirked and said "Yeah, you're not so bad yourself."

     Later on that day, Drew said he had to leave for work, and that he would be back at 9:00pm tonight. So I stayed and started to unpack my clothes. I suddenly realized how much my life was changing. It seems like just a minute ago my life was perfect. And now here I am. Thank God for Drew or else I would have no one to go to. I finished unpacking my clothes, and decided to explore his apartment a little. While doing that I get a message from Hannah that said:

Hey! Meet me at the mall

Why? I responded

I'm going to tell u the news she replied

OK I texted her back

     I quickly got changed in my grey tanktop with my shorts. I put my navy blue varsity jacket over it, and completed the outfit with my black vans. I drove to the mall, and saw Hannah at the food court entrance. She was wearing a bright neon pink blouse with skinny jeans, and her hair was in a bun. I walked over to her, and sat down at the table she was seated at. "What is it?!" I asked her anxiously. I then gasped as she told me the news that would change her life forever.

She was pregnant.

    I drove back to Drew's apartment with the dreaded news still in my head. How could she let this happen? I thought. When I got there it was 8:30pm, and Drew would be here soon. I then took a shower and went to the bedroom, wrapped in a towel. I was in my aqua blue bra and matching panties, and I was getting ready to put ton my pajamas, when I heard the bedroom door open. "Oh! That's sexy!" a voice said. I screamed and turned around, and saw that it was Drew. He laughed, walked over to me, and hugged me. "Don't scare me like that!" I said to him while I playfully hit him. He chuckled once more, and left to take a shower. I put on my pajamas and put my hair up. After, I laid my clothes out for tomorrow. I layed in the bed. It was worm, soft, and comfortable.

     Drew came into the bedroom, and crawled into bed with me. He put his arms around back, and kissed me. I smiled and kissed him back. I was happy to be with him.

My life.

My love.

Drew.