Chapter 3-The Sorting

Al's POV:

*10 minutes earlier*

I blankly stared at the intimidating doors in front of me. I had imagined this moment way too many times. It was too important to ignore, too important to avoid dreaming about... Or dreading it. Behind those doors sat numerous wizards, already sorted, happy about their lives and knowing exacly where they belong. Sweat started dripping down my body. I was scared,no, terrified of what lay ahead of me, of my unknown future. The doors started unbolting and a blazing light welcomed me into the Great Hall...

*Now*

I anxiously await my name. Most of the people around me are fidgeting, nervous about the sorting ahead of us. But not Scorpious. He's just standing there, with an elegant posture, staring at the horizon. I wonder what's going through his head. Is he nervous? Does he need to prove something? Or is he just too arogant to care? I dismiss this last thought and decide to concentrate on Professor Flitwick's squeaky voice. It's kind of hard to keep track of who was next. He was doing it based on  date of birth and I've got  no idea when he'd get to July 14th. I try to relax, thinking they have a few kids before they get to me when suddenly:

"Albus Severus Potter"- peeps Flitwick

I gasp, clearly taken by surprise. I begin climbing up the stairs to the old wooden stool with the Sorting Hat on top. 

"I know, exactly what to do with you. You are a smart, caring, ambitious and brave boy. You could end up in any of the 4 houses, young man."-whispered the Sorting Hat

At this, my face begins to whiten. I'm screwed. I'll end up in Slytherin  and my whole family won't even acknowledge me.

"Don't worry kid, you'll end up in a good house and I'll tell you why. You might be smart, but you need courage to embrace your new ideas and express them. You may be caring, but you need courage to protect the people you love from anything that'll hurt them. Your ambition is mainly driven by bravery and that is why you will join"- murmurs the hat "GRYFFINDOR!!!!!!!"-it shouts.

I can literally feel myslef smiling. I did it!!!! I've become a Gryffindor! I'm no longer an outcast, I'm a free soul, a proud member of my family. My ears wake up and I hear the roar from the Gryffindor table. I can even see James and Rose smiling at me. Even Scorpious looks happy about it. My entire body melts into smooth relief as I slowly make my way to the Gryffindor table, not a single thought running through my once troubled mind...

Rose's POV:

I smile, watching Al's face return to his natural color as he's sorted into Gryffindor. I'm really happy for him. For a second there, when he lost his color, my lungs shrunk so much, I lost my ability to breath. The sight of my cousin helplessly sitting there looking like the world was about to fall on him...I felt lost. I felt an unwelcome pain rushing through my body. I guess the sorting can affect people more than they confess. I start panicking. What if I DON'T end up in Gryffindor? A deadly terror plunges through my body as I listen to Flitwick yelping my name. I guess it's time for September 13th.

I drag my body up the stairs, trying to calm down as someone places the Sorting Hat on my head.

"Oh god, not again. Sorting your mom stressed me out so much, I had to take a holiday. Thankfully, I've had experience and I know exactly what to do with you, Ms. Weasley"-hushes the hat "GRYFFINDOR!"-he calls out.

I sight, extremely relieved. I can't believe I was panicking over something as obvious as this...

Scorpious' POV:

I'm a complete outcast. I can picture myself sitting on the stool, the last first year, the last wizard to be sorted into Slytherin this year. I can hear the Slytherins cheering and everyone else muttering that cursed name "Malfoy". I can even imagine Professor McGonagall, shaking her head as I walk past her table to join the Slyhterins.

I yank my body up the stairs, not daring to look at anyone. My mind is a complete chaos and all I can think about is how quick time flies and how I wish I could be back on the train, laughing along with Al and Rose. Anger exploites my mind as I think about the only two people I genuinly like and I'll have to loose when I'm sorted into Slyhtherin. 

"Don't worry, kiddo, I know what I'm doing". I jump. I've been so lost in my own thoughts, I've forgotten all about the hat sitting on my head.

"GRYFFINDOR!!" is all the Sorting Hat says, but nothing could've made me happier than this. I grinn, relieved to think about all I've gained. As I descend from the stool I smile at Al and Rose's beaming faces. It's only when I look at McGonagall that I think about my family. The surprise yet thrilled look on her face makes me think about something I've never thought about before. How do you tell a family full of Slytherins that you've become one of their enemies?

A/N: I loved writing this chapter 'cause I've imagined this scene way to many times. I hope you guys liked it! FYI: Scorpiou's birthday is on December 25th :)