Chapter 10- Halloween at Hogwarts (Part 1)

Mary's POV:

I wake up on a cold october morning. I look at my watch and smile, October 31, first Halloween at Hogwarts.

As I start to get ready in the ravenclaw dorm, I think about my life and everything leading up to this moment. I was born in a muggle family with a croatian background, and grew up with my annoying older brother Nicholas. He was always the perfect one, the smart one, the social one, basically everything you would want in a son. I was the complete opposite. I kept getting distracted in class, getting send to the principal's office, but it was never my fault. I didn't want to do all these things, I always wished I was like my brother. But that never happened. I was always my parent's little dissapointment. But one letter changed everything.

I was reading one of my favorite books, The Hunger Games, when suddenly, I heard the sound of a wounded animal. I'm really fond of them, and the sound of that poor soul's suffering was too much for me. I rushed around the garden, finding my brother and father lauging at something twitching on the floor. It was an owl. A wounded and helpless owl. He was holding a letter on his bleading beak and I just couldn't take it anymore. I pushed my father and brother away from him, gently wrapped him up with my shirt and hurried inside. 

I nursed that poor fellow back to health, but I'm afraid my father and sibling did not receive the same help. I was grounded for a month but I really couldn't have cared less, for in that letter my parents and I were informed of my true identity. I was a wizard, and my parents were more than happy when they figured out I was going away for a while. They believed I was some kind of curse, and letting me go was the happiest moment of their lives. 

And here I stand, sorrounded by people who genuinly like me, people who share the same interests. I finally found the place where I belong and I couldn't be happier. 

A sudden movement from Leire packing her things snaps me back to reality. I really wish she wasn't leaving. I know she needs to hang out with her boyfriend, Dan, but I'm going to miss her. Sure, I've got other friends like Tris, Veronica or Carmen , but she's my best friend, and Halloween won't be the same without her. 

She smiles at me, and I help her down the stairs. Suddenly, I feel like someone is watching us. I turn around to find Albus staring at us, correction, at Leire. He really DOES have a crush on Leire. Poor dude, he's so hopeless. Leire really loves that Dan guy, and she has never showed any particular interest in Albus. 

As he offers to take her trunk downstairs, I can't help but think about how handsome Al is. His stunning green eyes and messy dark hair are the greatest things I have ever set eyes on. Oh, God, I really don't want to fall for someone and so decide to stop staring. But, as he waves good bye at us, chatting with his cousin, Rose, I find myslef falling for him.