|:|20|:|

"Sorry, darling, I couldn't hear you," Freddie said. "Could you speak up a bit?"

"I love you, Bri," I said. I felt my chest loosen with the feeling of finally saying something you've been meaning to say and I realized I always did  love him. I just never really thought about it. Brian smiled that same smile I'd come to love. "I... I do. I'm sorry, Brian, I'm fucking stupid for not knowing it."

"It's alright," he said. "You just never paused to think about it. Or anything. You never stop to think, Y/n."

"I do, too!" I protested.

"Rarely," Brian teased. He adjusted his grip on my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder. "I've only waited about a decade or so for you to realize that."

"I said I was sorry, Bri!" I said, laughing. "I didn't think about it. I didn't even know I fell for you until now."

"I know," he said. "Once I break up with Anita, you'll be mine, right?"

"Of course," I said. "But it isn't right to be with someone just to be with someone. You should've slapped some sense into me before going out with Chrissy."

"Y/n, I was trying to do that for years," Brian said.

"Yeah, well, you could've just walked up to me and kissed me whenever you felt like it," I said. Brian kissed my cheek.

"Your first kiss sucked, by the way," he said.

"I was a bit busy trying to figure out what was happening," I said. "It sucked because I was preoccupied."

"Shut up, little devil," he muttered. Roger yawned loudly.

"I'm tired and a bitch has to get his beauty sleep," he said.

"I think I'm going to turn in for the night, too," John said.

"Alright, I'll turn out the lights," Freddie said. "I guess I'll get to bed, too. Good night, lovebirds."

He turned off the lights and shut the door, and I heard rustling in the dark as the three other boys settled down to sleep.

"Roger's the one who snores," Freddie said. "Fair warning, darling."

"Do not!" Roger protested.

"Shut up," John grumbled. "You said you were going to bed, now get to bed, Roger."

"Fine, fine," Roger mumbled tiredly. The room fell silent and Brian gently let go of me, both of us adjusting to lay down together, my back against his chest. He wrapped an arm around me protectively and I heard everyone else's breathing even out.

"You awake, love?" He whispered.

"Yeah," I said. He nuzzled his face into the back of my neck, ruffling my hair. He hummed softly.

"I'm too excited to sleep," he said quietly. "I've been waiting for such a long-"

"I know, Bri," I whispered. "You don't have to say it."

"You want me to shut up?" He asked.

"No," I said. "Keep talking."

"What do I say that I haven't said already?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Say why you never said anything about liking me," I said. "And say why you like me."

"Stop saying I like you, I love  you," he said.

"Right, yeah," I said, smiling. He pulled me closer.

"Well, I would've told you, but I was nervous," he said. "And scared. We have something valuable, love, I didn't want to mess that up. It was a coward move, I know, but it worked."

"Well, you aren't a coward," I said. "You've done some tough shit in our time together. Remember the raccoon?"

"Oh, fuck  that raccoon," he said seriously. I giggled and he held me tighter, placing a few light kisses on my bare shoulder and adjusting my bra strap. "You're so pretty, love."

"I know," I whispered. "You're not the only one who thinks that."

He squeezed me tightly for just a moment before sighing.

"I didn't like you stripping for Freddie," he said. "You did a cute thing with that skirt, but John was liking it too much."

"What do you mean?" I asked. "I was just teasing a little."

"I think he thinks you're cute," Brian said. "I've told them about you, he was always fascinated. You gave him a boner, love."

"Oh," I said simply. "Well, then."

"I don't want anyone else to see you undressed," Brian said. "I may have seen you before, but I still think you're beautiful, and you're mine."

"I'm yours," I repeated softly.

"I know," he mumbled, drawing light patterns on my skin with his warm fingertips. He kissed my shoulder a few more times before laying down properly and sighing contently. We lay in silence for a few minutes.

"Oh, you two are finally done being sweet," Freddie whispered. "Thank god, now I can get some rest."