|:|8|:|

"You nervous about the plane?" Brian asked me, gently stroking my arms to comfort me.

"A little," I admitted. "It's been a while, I'm just bit jittery."

"That's to be expected, love," he said.

"I'm going to miss you, boy," I said. Brian leaned down and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"You be safe, okay? Be sure to call when you land," he said. "I'll be right next to my phone all night."

"Of course you will," I said, rolling my eyes. "I'll call, Bri. We'll figure out a good schedule to talk, even if I'm eight hours behind you."

"I'd be willing to let the phone ringing wake me up in the middle of the night," Brian said. "If it means talking to you after being separated for a long time. Be sure to visit."

"I will," I said. Brian gave me another cheek kiss as I padded over to my parents, standing next to the gate entrance. "I'm going to miss you."

"We'll miss you, too, sweetheart," Dad said, smiling. "Still, can't imagine Bri-bri will be at our house any less often."

"You know that he hates when you call him that, right?" I asked. Dad nodded.

"That's why I do it," he said. Mum took both of my hands in hers and looked me right in the eye with the look of the proudest mother.

"Make sure you write," she said. "And take your studies seriously, okay? You're smart, but you can always be smarter."

"I know, Mum," I said. "I'll write every day."

"Good," Dad said. "And call us every now and then, yeah?"

"Of course, Dad," I said. "I'd be a terrible child if I didn't."

"That's true," Mum said. "So don't be a terrible child."

"I know, Mum," I said, chuckling. I checked the time and sighed. "I have to board in a few minutes."

"Stay safe, sweetheart," Dad said, hugging me. Mum did the same when he let go.

"Drink plenty of water," she said. "And eat healthy. And shower regularly-"

"Take care of yourself," Brian interrupted, joining my parents. "And don't lose touch, love."

"I won't, boy," I said, adjusting my carry-on backpack. "Love you all. Say bye to Harry and Ruth for me, Bri."

I turned and walked toward the gate just as they started boarding. I turned to look over my shoulder and waved at my family before joining the other passengers.