three

⁀➷

⁀➷

The Great Hall, with its four long House tables and its staff table set at the top of the room, was decorated as usual with floating candles that made the plates below glitter and glow. It was all a blur to Harry, who walked so quickly that he was passing the Hufflepuff table before people started to stare. Harry forced his way in between Hermione and Ron as he made his way to the Gryffindor table.

"Where've you - blimey, what've you done to your face?" Ron asked.

"Why, what's wrong with it?" Harry asked, grabbing a spoon and squinting at his distorted reflection.

"You're covered in blood!" Hermione exclaimed. "Come here." She raised her wand, said "Tergeo!" and siphoned off the dried blood.

"Thanks," said Harry, feeling his clean face. "How's my nose looking?"

"Normal," said Hermione anxiously. "Why shouldn't it? Harry, what happened? We've been terrified!"

"I'll tell you later," said Harry curtly. "But what's wrong with Ron?"

Hermione didn't even glance at Ron. She shooed him with her hand. "He's been gawking at Kimberly ever since he found her in the Great Hall. She knows he's staring - that much is obvious."

"Are you certain they're not dating?" Harry asked.

Hermione scoffed. "Of course, I'm certain. If they were dating, they wouldn't have to stare at each other from afar and look away when they get caught looking."

"I can hear you," Ron grumbled as he popped a hard-boiled egg into his mouth. "Besides, she doesn't like me. No matter how many times you tell me she likes me, she doesn't like me. I don't know why you lie to me, Hermione."

She scoffed, slightly offended. "I never lie to you or Harry, Ron. Perhaps, I lie sometimes, but it's always because you two are gits. But in all honesty, she does like you, Ron. You should really tell her before she graduates or else someone else will."

"Well, I don't suppose you have some sort of bravery potion, now, do you?" Ron asked.