nine

⁀➷

⁀➷

After the game and confronting Harry about the Felix Felicis, Ron had grabbed Kimberly and kissed her as soon as he spotted her waiting for him by the changing rooms, dressed in Gryffindor colors that she never wore considering she was a Hufflepuff.

The kiss had been magical, but awkward. Their teeth didn't clash, but their noses and foreheads bumped together awkwardly.

"Oh," she gasped afterward.

He looked embarrassed, and he was sure his face was as red as his hair. The rush and adrenaline from being on the field were different compared to the rush he got from kissing her for the first time.

"Sorry," he muttered.

"No, it's all right. I - I liked it," she whispered.

"Oh. Yeah, I liked it too. Uh - I should - "

"Right. Get dressed," she said.

He nodded wordlessly, turning around and tripping over his own feet, falling as a result.

"Oh! Ron, are you all right?" Kimberly asked, bending over to help him up.

"Yeah, sorry, I - A little lightheaded," he stammered. "You smell nice."

"Oh - thank you. Uh - you should still get dressed," she recommended.

He nodded. "Right, right, yeah. Don't - Don't move, okay?"

She smiled brightly at him. "I won't."

Sally and Jane stood behind the pair, scrunching their faces up in disgust. Sally was dressed in her Gryffindor uniform, as opposed to wearing paint on her face like Kimberly.

"Does this mean they're dating now?" Sally questioned.

"Wouldn't be surprised if they got away with 'Oh, this was simply friendly kissing,' " Jane said, snickering as she did so.

Sally laughed, leaning her arm against Jane's shoulders. "You and Pansy?"

"Oh, well, we're something odd and conflicting. Her parents have a tight reign on her and my parents couldn't care less as long as I'm not caught with Potter."

"Your arranged marriage?" Sally questioned.

Jane scoffed. "Zabini of all people. Can you believe that?"

Kimberly ran up to the girls with a bright smile on her face. "Did you see that?"

Jane offered her a lazy smile. "Wish I didn't, Luna."

"Sorry, Dusk."

"Come on, Dusk. Let's leave the lovebirds alone," said Sally, nudging her head toward Ron who had finished changing.

"I'll see you later, yeah?" questioned Kimberly.

The girls nodded, watching as Kimberly jogged to Ron.