eighteen

⁀➷

⁀➷

Ron and Hermione returned in the late afternoon after their Apparition test. They were walking through the corridors in the direction of the Gryffindor tower. Hermione had a smile on her face while Ron looked like he wanted to hang his head into the wall.

The Hex Girls crowded in front of the Gryffindor portrait, waiting for Ron and Hermione, much to the displeasure of other students attempting on entering.

One nasty Gryffindor's upper lip curled up in disgust once he saw Jane and the color of her robes, but seeing as how she was a seventh year and he was a measly third year, she told him off and set him running off with his trousers halfway down.

"You're horrible," whispered Kimberly, watching the boy run away.

"You're smiling a little," said Jane, proudly.

Sally shook her head. "Oh, look! There they are! Hermione!" she called out. "Did you pass?"

Hermione ran up to Sally and hugged her. "I did!"

"Congratulations," whispered Sally.

Jane rolled her eyes, turning to Kimberly in order to joke about Sally and Hermione, but stopped once she saw Kimberly consoling Ron.

"Oh, Ron," she cooed. "Are you hurt? What happened to your eyebrow?"

Ron cried out in frustration, holding his head with his hands.

"It was unlucky," said Hermione. "The examiner spotted that he left half an eyebrow behind."

"Oh. I'm sorry," whispered Kimberly, placing her hand on his back and rubbing it. "If it makes you feel better, Jane had to retake it after accidentally Apparating to the middle of an ocean."

"Hey," Jane warned.

Honestly, Ron did feel better about that since he only missed half an eyebrow and not an entire location. Plus, Kimberly being the one to made his heart swell, and he nearly fainted at the close proximity between them.

"Weasley, your mouth is open," Jane pointed out.

He snapped out of his trance of watching Kimberly and closed his mouth. "H-Hey, Kimberly."

She smiled and shuffled on her feet. "Hi, Ronald."

The other girls rolled their eyes.