nineteen

⁀➷

⁀➷

Most of Kimberly's time was spent studying, band practices, glancing at Ron and getting teased about it by Jane and Sally.

She had attended the Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw match purely because Ron was there. Jane chose to spend her time with Pansy instead, which resulted in crossing paths with Draco and Blaise.

Kimberly heard many stories about that group from Jane. It was entirely awkward, considering Pansy and Jane had a sort of on and off relationship, and Blaise and Jane were set to marry while Pansy was attempting on getting Draco's attention because it was what her parents wanted.

It was a whole mess, honestly, that Jane would always complain about. She already decided on leaving her family manor by the end of the school year in order to pursue a career in music with the girls. They already had events lined up, many thanks to Professor Flitwick who supported them in their musical endeavor.

When Gryffindor won the Cup, Kimberly and Sally cheered loudly for them. Kimberly eagerly made her way down where Ron would be in order to congratulate him, while Sally went back to the Gryffindor common room in order to set up a party for their victory.

Ron was holding the Cup in his hands, eyes wide and bright with a large smile on his face as he locked eyes with Harry who nodded and left the field with Ginny in tow. Ron had given his permission for Harry to ask out his little sister.

Kimberly smiled at Ron as she stood on the outskirts of the crowd around Ron. He handed the Cup to Dean before pushing through the crowd to stand in front of her.

"Congratulations, Ron," she said.

He kissed her, and it was sloppy this time because there was no doubt he was nervous with the large crowd behind him and the lingering students in the stands.

"I haven't - I haven't seen you in a while," he stuttered. "You look okay. Good, I mean."

She smiled. "Thank you, Ron."

"Come to the party in the common room?"

"I'm not a Gryffindor."

"No matter," he responded.

She nodded. "Okay."

He let out a breath. "Oh - thank Godric. It's really hard to talk to you."

She laughed, completely used to how he expressed his emotions. "I know."