twenty

⁀➷

⁀➷

The Dark Mark appeared in the sky, along with Death Eaters. Tonks, the Order of the Phoenix, and the Professors were dueling with them, while most of the students were hidden away.

Being the older students they were, Jane, Kimberly, and Sally chose to help the adults fight off the Death Eaters. Considering how they were all eighteen, they were technically adults as well.

Spells and flashes of lights were being sent each way. The girls had a hard time staying close to each other, which was the only plan they had.

"Expelliarmus!" Kimberly shouted. "Jane, Sally, where are you? Ugh - as if! Protego! Out of my way!"

"JANE!" Sally shrieked.

Kimberly's head whipped in the direction of Sally's voice. She was standing in front of a still body on the ground. Kimberly noticed Sally was shooting spells one after another at Daryl Jollie, Jane's father.

Before Kimberly knew what was happening, the Death Eaters fled with their evil cackles resonating through the air.

Kimberly and Sally helped Jane to the infirmary where Madam Pomfrey was tending to Bill Weasley. Once she was finished, she tended to Jane's injuries.

"Hello, Neville," Kimberly weakly called out. "You all right?"

He weakly nodded. "You?" His eyes glanced at Jane.

"We'll be fine," she reassured.

She noticed the Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, Tonks, Remus, and Professor McGonagall surrounding Bill Weasley's bed. Madam Pomfrey soon joined them to inform Bill's parents of his status.

"You said Greyback attacked him?" Arthur asked Professor McGonagall. "But he hadn't transformed? So what does that mean? What will happen to Bill?"

"We don't yet know."

"There will probably be some contamination, Arthur," Remus said. "It is an odd case, possibly unique... We don't know what his behavior might be like when he awakens."

"And Dumbledore..." Arthur trailed off. "Minerva, is it true? Is he really...?"

Professor McGonagall nodded.

"What happened to Dumbledore?" Sally questioned. Upon noticing Professor McGonagall's reluctance, she pressed, "Professor, please. My best friend just got attacked by her own father. What happened to Dumbledore?"

Professor McGonagall's eyes turned sad at the mention of Jane's predicament. "Albus is dead."