Overprotective

My mother was attacking Mason! She was trying to scratch and bite! "MOM! STOP" was all that could come out. I was to scared to intervene. Mason wasn't doing anything but defend himself. Then Lexi came and grabbed mom by the waist and pinned her against the wall.
"What in the world is going on here!" Lexi exclaim while pinning our mom to the wall. "What's Mason doing here!"
"He came to talk he couldn't wait till tonight! When mom came to the door to warn me about a werewolf near by I figure I introduce them. But when I opened the door she immediately attacked!" I tried to explain. I walked over to Mason to make sure he was ok. It was so fast. I'm glad that both my mom and Mason were fine.
"Why do you have a werewolf in your room Dreamantha! You know they kill our kind right! A werewolf killed your father!" My mom asked. My mom always told us about how a werewolf was the reason we were fatherless. I have no memory of having a father. But it still it'll be nice to have some closure for my fathers death.
"Mom, I'm Masons mate. We met in the forest today. He was guarding the door to the home world. Mason came by to explain more about what a mate is and the process when they meet their mate. Please don't try to kill him. He's not here to kill us" I pleaded. My mom just stared at me with a worried look. Yet she she calmed down enough to gesture to Lexi she was ok. "Can we all go downstairs and sit down. I'll make dinner and we'll talk". We all gathered into the kitchen. I went to look into the refrigerator to see what to make. My mom, Lexi, and Mason sat around the counter.
"Dream what are you gonna cook? I mean don't you only drink blood?" Mason asked. We all just giggled at his observation. "What's so funny?"
"Well Mason, yes we drink blood but only to satisfy us. We need to drink at least once a day or we get weak. They rest of time we can eat whatever we want. Most vampires just choose to always feed on blood that's why they are always hungry" I answered while taking out the hamburger meat from the refrigerator. "Hamburger Watercress?" I asked my Mom. She just nodded staring a Mason. I grabbed the silver pot from under the cabinet. Put it on the stove and turned the burner on high. I added some veggie oil and waited till it heated up. I put the hamburger meat into the pot and began browning the meat. "Mason wanna help me cute some garlic and onion?" I grabbed everything he needed to help me cut. He came and stood next to me on the counter and started cutting the garlic.
"This is nice, I can't wait to get to know you all" Mason said. "I'm sorry Mrs.Smithery about your husband. I know I will have to prove myself before anything further happens between Dream and I". I just stared at my mother while string the meat. Hoping she'll say something nice. I mean it's been a very long time since my father was killed. And she must of gotten over it. Werewolves don't kill just for the fun of it. They only attack when provoked or there's a reason to. My mom just doesn't trust no one. "Here you go sweetie. I'm done cutting the garlic and onions. Anything else?" Mason asked bringing me the tray.
"No need you may sit down. Lexi I need you to get 2 cups of water and 1 cup shoyu. Then the brown sugar. Please and Thank you" Lexi brought me everything I needed. I just added pepper and garlic salt to the hamburger. Then added the ingredients I asked Lexi to bring me. I grabbed the watercress from the refrigerator and broke it into bunches and started added them to the pot of soup. Stirred it till everything was evenly mixed together.
"It smells very delicious! That is definitely a bonus!" Mason said excitedly. He looks like he's ready to eat. Mom still looks pissed.
"Mom, would you and Lexi go set the table please?" I asked while getting the bowls out for them. This is definitely gonna be a long night.