Mate

Mason POV
"Do we have to work the door?!" I exclaimed to Alex. "We were never assigned the door before? Why today?"
"I don't know man just be thankful they put us together! Maybe everyone who had worked the door before had called out! I mean come on now our Headquarters are masked to be a special union for only specially skilled carpenters. Everyone probably had a job to do. Just be excited that we won't have to do much just guard the door. I can bring the cards if you'd like." Alex replies. I shook my head: really dude; I thought to myself.
"Well let's head out since we gotta be there by 1000am . We wouldn't want to be late on our first day" I said. I picked up my back pack and headed out the door with Alex on my tail. Outside I put my bag down and took my shirt and pants off. Folded them nicely and put them into my bag. I got onto all fours and began to shift. I could feel all my bones cracking! This wasn't my first transformation so it wasn't as painful as before. Yet every time we wolf out it still hurts like a bitch. "Are you ready?" I heard Alex say in my head. We could talk through our thoughts. "Yes let's go"  I replied back. I picked up my back pack in my mouth and began running on the path towards the entrance door of the home world.
"Wassup Matt! Wassup Kane!" Alex greeted the two wolves who were guarding the door. "We'll take it from here!" Matt and Kane nodded their wolf heads and walked onto the path going back to headquarters. I just hope nothing bad happens today. Last thing I wanna do is fight Goblins or worse a vampire! They are super fast and smart. I was lost in my thoughts when I smelt an odd scent. My body was tingling all over. I didn't understand what was going on. "I'm gonna go human form" I thought to Alex. With that I went behind the trees. That's when I heard " Hey Wolves we can smell you! You smell like cinnamon and dirt. Show yourselves". It sounded like a young girl. The odd scent I smelt got stronger and my body was still tingling. I noticed that Alex was in human form and talking to someone. So I came out from behind the trees. And there was two girls. Two Vampire girls to be exact. Great had to be vampires hope they don't give me any trouble. When they both looked toward me I couldn't look away from the taller girl. Her eyes were like light blue with a hint of purple. With her black long hair with red highlights and pale skin. She definitely was a vampire but she was the odd scent. I have found my mate! Which explains the tingles and the reason I feel so..... light and ugh I can't explain this feeling. It's just a magical feeling of bringing two soul mates together. I didn't realize I was walking towards her and I was already touching her arm.
I better say something. "I'm Mason, Obviously your name is Dream? If I heard your companion correctly?"  Really Mason. Get it together. So I continued to trace my fingers along her arm. Her skin felt so soft. I wasn't really paying attention to the others. Until Alex pulled me away. I was still in lala land but I heard her saying that she was leaving. I grabbed her shoulder. She then said she'll return tonight and to bring Alex along with me. Until tonight my Dream princess I thought to myself as her and her sister ran into the forest.
"Aren't you glad we were assigned the door today Mason?" Alex laughed.