New Home

What will I tell Mason. I just up and left my house all because I'm wanted by headquarters. I wonder though if Mason knows what Headquarters is trying to do? Maybe I can text him.
Hey Mason it's Dreamantha we need to talk

I hope he gave me the right number. I feel so bad. Right now I'm crammed into our moms Toyota Sequia with about 10 boxes of clothes and other necessities. Following our dad and step mom to New York, New York to our new home that's suppose to be safe. We're in for a long ass drive. *Bing*

Hi love, what's up? I read Mason text. So cute.

Don't be mad. But we have to move. Mom told us some information last night and it dangerous. Lmk when your alone and have time to call me.

I just hope he understands what I'm about to tell him. The next town over is Illinois so we will stay at a motel for the night. I can't believe I didn't know that I myself was a werewolf. How do I not feel that I'm different from a normal vampire. Well of course I was unaware I was suppose to be different. It was taking Mason quite a while to text or call so I figure he's working. I hope he's able to call me soon. I figure while I'm waiting I'll take a nap. It's gonna be a long drive anyway. So I lay my head against the box next to me and I slowly drift to sleep.

*Love me by Fia ringtone plays*

I was awaken by my phone ringing. I pick up my phone and look at who's calling. It read Mason. I look at the time and it took him 2 hrs to call.
"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Dreamantha? Is everything ok? What do you mean you're in danger?" Mason asked worried.

"Look I want you to meet me in Illinois. We'll be at the first motel when you enter the state. I can't explain on the phone. But please make sure your not followed" I just hope no one heard our conversation.

"I'll try but I work tomorrow they will suspect somethings up. Also can I bring Alex?" I thought about it. He has to maintain his life too. He can't drop everything for me. Ugh. "Look I'll try ok. I'll ask someone to cover for me. I don't like the feeling of knowing that my vampire girlfriend is scared"

"That's another thing. I know why now we are mated to each other. But I won't be able to tell you on the phone only in person. So you better be able to come to Illinois. Figure it out" with that I hung up. Damn why was I such a bitch just then. We only known each other for two days! And I'm demanding him to drop his life and pick a life up with me. Well if he claims were soul mates like he says then he will have to. I looked up to see my mom and Lexi looking I me surprised. "What?" I asked them with a nervous look.
"That was a little harsh don't you think?" Lexi asked.

"Maybe. But if he really is my mate then he will do what it takes to be with me right?" I responded.

"Sweetie. He's young yet too. So please take it easy. Your still in high school. That's reminds me. So in order to graduate we will need to home school you both for you to get your credentials" great moms talking about school now. At least I won't be bothered about Mason until we make it to the motel.
*Bing* I got a text from Mason.

I took the next few days off. I told my boss Lionel that I will be taking a short Vacation to visit some friends in Illinois. I'll see you soon my love
P.S Alex is coming too

Well he actually did it. But great his head boss is Lionel and he's gonna suspect something. I hope he doesn't. So I text back:

Gr8 see you in Illinois.... sorry about being a bitch on the phone. Just hard times. I'm emotional. 💕

"Is that Mason? Is he mad?" Lexi asked.

"No he's not mad. He actually got the next few days off cause he told his boss Lionel that he's visiting some friends" I hissed Lionel's name. Why did I have to be mates to someone who works for the cooperation that wants to make dangerous werewolves. Well I am that creation the only one of my kind. Great.

"Just keep a close eye around us ok girls. We don't need Mason blowing our cover" mom added. Ugh my life is so complicated! I wonder how my life would be if I was a normal teenage girl.
*Bing*

Dreamantha you can never upset me. For I am happy that I have finally met you.

He is such a sweet heart. I really did get lucky.

"We're almost there girls. Just about 5 more miles." Mom announced. I really need to focus on what we're gonna do about Lionel. He will never rest until he figures out where we are. Which also brings the big question. Why did he just breed more Werewolves and Vampires? It's not like there in hiding or short of existence.

"Hey mom? Why is it that Lionel is on the hunt for us? Why doesn't he try to breed more?" I asked. Mom looked at me through the review mirror with a questioning look. I could tell she was trying to think of an answer.
"Honestly I have no idea but that's a good thought. Why would he need to chase us all our lives when he can just gather more werewolves and vampires and make more hybrids? You know what I think that's a question for Devon when we get to the motel". I nodded and just starred out the window. Letting all the craziness sink in. I drifted back to sleep lost in my own thoughts.