Chapter 8: Team 7 Dinner

-A few minutes after Sarada and her family left their home to go to Uzumaki's resident-

Boruto POV

I was sitting on the couch when I heard knocks on the door. I opened it and saw Inojin with his family. "Hello, Inojin, Uncle Sai, Aunt Ino." I greeted the family. They greeted me back and went to sit at the dining table. Inojin sat beside my sister and they began to talk. Hmph. He better not try anything.

Then, another knock. This time, it's Sarada's family. "Aunt Sakura, Master, Sarada, Shisuke." They gave me a little nod back and hurried to the dining table. 

Once all the guests arrive, the only empty seat left is next to Sarada, so I sat next to her. Obviously, the adults chatted with the adults and the children/teens chatted with the children/teens. I noticed Inojin occasionally touching Himawari's hand. Makes me pissed, sort of.

"Sarada, Sarada."

"Hmm."

"Why is Inojin so close to Hima?"

"Oh, she didn't write to you about it?"

"About what?"

"They've been dating for almost a year."

I nearly choked on my food. 

"A year?!" I wanted to yell, but Sarada kicked me. 

"Shut up idiot. This is why she doesn't want to tell you, dumb ass! Cause you'll react like this!"

"Well, Inojin better keep Hima happy. Or else, his ass will be all the way up to the moon." 

-An hour later-

"Mama, I'm going to the balcony, alright?" Sarada asked. I followed her to the balcony. 

Outside, the air is soothing and cool. The skies look beautiful. Sarada too. Her soft pale skin glimmered in the moonlight and her hair, like the midnight sky, seemed to stand out. I stared at her for a moment, taking in her beauty. Eventually, she noticed. Sh*t.

"Do I have something on my back?" She asked, snapping me out of my daze. 

"Nah, just... thinking." I replied. Sweet save! After a few minutes she asked me a question.

"Hey Boruto, why were you so friendly with Sumire at lunch?" The question caught me off guard.

"Cause she's my friend, duh." 

"Oh. Of course."she shrugged. 

Then, it came. Oh. Oh. Oh! SHE WAS JEALOUS! 

"Are you jealous?!" I asked. She said nothing, but I could see her face getting redder. 

"So you are-"

"Shut it stupid!" She tackled me to the ground. 

The both of us just laid there, quietly.

"Sarada, w.... would you go on a d....date with m....me tomorrow ?"

Sarada silent for minute.

"It okay if you don't w....... She gave me a hug before I finish my sentence. 

"Yes."

"Huh?"

"I said, yes stupid. I'd go on a date with you."

It took me a while to process.

She.

Said.

YES.

Then, we heard Aunt Sakura calling for Sarada downstairs. 

"Oh, I guess I got to go now. See ya tomorrow, idiot." I watched her leave, a smile prominent on my face.

"Hmm................... that was easy"😁

-To be continued-

Soo, that was it guys. The next chapter will continuing the MitsuSumi filler storyline. Thank you so much to all who supporting me with this story. As always, consider to vote and share this story. Tell me your next chapter ideas in the comment below. If you want to ask some personal question just comment in https://my.w.tt/ozOBiHk0sW . See ya later, nextshinobi out.