Part Forty One

Nine months pregnant, and Eliza felt like an elephant. She still hadn't made up with Angelica, yet, that was the least of her problems. He stomach was bigger than a watermelon, so now she waddled everywhere. That's right, waddle, not walk, waddle, that's when she was allowed to walk that is. She was so uncomfortable all the time, and wish this baby would hurry up and get out of her already.

"Alexander, I can go to work, I'll be fine." She said as she sat up on their current bed.

"Eliza the doctors said you need to be careful."

"I'm always careful." Eliza groaned.

"Good, you have to be." He told her, causing her groan once again.

"You are so annoying, I swear to god."

"Hey now, don't be rude to god, god didn't do anything."

She rolled her eyes, sticking her tongue out at him, it had become common for her to do this now wherever she was annoyed with him, but, didn't know what to say.

"Baby, I'm just trying to keep you safe."

"You're trying to keep your child safe." She corrected, glaring at her stomach.

He sighed sitting next to her. "I'm trying to keep you both safe, but, you are the priority." He clarified gently pulling the heavily pregnant woman into his arms. "You will always be my priority." He whispered pressing a kiss to her temple.

"I'm just so bored, I hate having to be on bed rest." She complained, his hands placing themselves on her belly. "It's the most annoying thing ever."

"Yeah, I know..." he agreed, rubbing soft circles on his girlfriends stomach as she she leaned into his touch.

"You really don't.." She hummed causing him to chuckle softly.

"Nevertheless, I feel empathy for you my sweet girl."

"Don't leave Alex, please, tell Mr. Washington that your pregnant girlfriend takes priority." She said hold his arms tightly as if she were afraid to let go.

"How about this, I'll go down for a couple of hours, because I do need to work a little bit, and I'll be right back up."

"I thought I was priority."

"You are, and being able to provide for you is also important too, so I do need to work."

"Except for you don't need to provide for me, I have money." She pointed out, but, Alexander shook his head.

"Your dad has money, and I will not take a cent from that man." He said, his voice suddenly become stern. "I want us to build something together, your dad already thinks so little of me, I don't need to give another reason to hate me."

"He doesn't hate you."

"He hates me, and I'm going prove him wrong and you right."

"Prove me right?" She questioned as she glanced back him.

"You believe in me, you think I'm going to great things one day, so I'm going to prove you right, make you proud of me."

"Alexander, I will always be proud of you."

Alexander smiled. "Still, I should go to work for a few hours, maybe help His Excellency win his campaign. Then I'll be right back and will succumb to your every whim."

She would sigh, knowing there was no use in argues with him about it. "Alright, just don't take too long."

"I'll try not to.."