Pepper spray

Hannas Pov

"Where is Emily?" I asked walking to the kitchen with Lexi.

"She went home. She was very sad" My mom said

She looked at Lexi.

"Can I talk with Hanna alone for a second?" My mom asked Lexi.

"Sure I'm taking the bags downstairs" Lexi smiled and touched my shoulder. We waited til she was downstairs.

"Hanna I know you must feel hurt or confused..I don't know how you feel. You should know that Emily didn't mean to lie to you" My mom said

"You're right. You don't know how I feel" I looked at her annoyed.

I let my shopping bags fall on the ground. She looked at me.

"I feel betrayed. Not even you told me about this break up"

My mom sighed and looked sorry at me.

"I don't know what happened that time. No clue. You never told me. How could I tell you then? Besides that I knew Emily would do the right thing"

"Emily didn't do the right thing. She kept it from me. It doesn't matter now. When I read my diary I will know everything that happened" I said

There is no one I would believe more than myself.

I took my new found diary out from the shelf.

"Maybe you should check on Emily first" My mom said

"She walked home"

"She walked home?? You didn't drove her?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows at my mom while looking at her.

"She didn't want me to. She said she wants to think and needs the fresh air" She said

"I don't care! It's dark outside and dangerous alone! You know how far her house is?!" I said taking my keys from the kitchen counter.

"I.." My mom said

I rolled my eyes and walked out closing the door hard not letting her finish her sentence.

Emilys Pov

"Hanna?" I said when I saw the familiar car.

She opened the window and looked at me.

"What are you doing here?" I looked at her.

"Where is your jacket?" She asked

"I didn't found mine" I said

"Why didn't you take something from me?!" She said giving me a look.

"Don't scream at me" I turned my back to her. I played with the fabric of my shirt.

"I'm not screaming at you" She said

I turned to look at her.

"Get in the car" She said taking her jacket off. I looked at her.

"You didn't texted me back. And you said you need time to think. So I left. Why are you here?" I asked hugging my arms.

"Get in the car" She said again.

"You don't need to drive me home. It's not that far away anymore" I said and kept walking.

"Emily Fields!" She said

I turned around.

"You should drive home" I said

"And you should stop getting on my nerves and get in the car" She said and leaned in to give me her jacket.