Chapter 3

Maverick POV

[After our fights, Ruby stuck to my side like glue and kept pestering me with questions. I could already feel all of the death glares on my back as Ruby was talking to me. We eventually made it inside. A blonde girl calls over to Ruby]

Blonde: (waving) Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: (to Jaune) Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony! Let's go, Maverick!

[Ruby takes my arm and pulls me towards the blonde]

Yuuki/Sinon/Sachi/Lisbeth/Leafa/Silica: Now hold on!

[We arrive]

Ruby: Hey, Yang. This is my friend Maverick.

Yang: Hey there, handsome. Saw the fight and I liked what I saw.

Maverick: Uh, thanks?

[I could feel the death glares coming from the distance]

Yang: (once Ruby joins her, arms crossed) How's your first day going, little sister?

Ruby: You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?

Yang: Yikes! Meltdown already?

Ruby: No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school! And there was some fire, and I think some ice...?

Yang: (smiling broadly) Are you being sarcastic?

Ruby: (scoffs as the camera pans around to reveal Weiss right next to her) I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled at me again, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!

[The girl with white hair from earlier, who I was told was Weiss Schnee]

Weiss: You!

Ruby: (quickly jumping into her sister's arms) Oh, God, it's happening again!

Weiss: You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!

Yang: (deadpan) Oh my God, you really exploded.

Ruby: It was an accident. (getting down; to Weiss) It was an accident! (Weiss holds up a pamphlet titled "DUST for dummies and other Inadequate Individuals" to Ruby) What's this?

Weiss: (listing off policies to a clueless and horrified Ruby, going faster and higher pitched with each word) The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company product. Although not mandatory, the Schnee Family highly encourages their customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy to follow guide to Dust applications and practices in the field.

Ruby: Uuhhh...?

Weiss: You really wanna start making things up to me?

Ruby: Absolutely?

Weiss: (handing the pamphlet to Ruby) Read this, and don't ever speak to me again.

Yang: Look, uh, it sounds like you two just got off on the wrong foot. Why don't you start over and try to be friends, okay?

Ruby: (putting the pamphlet away) Yeah! Great idea, sis! (holding out her hand as she clears her throat) Hello, Weiss! I'm Ruby! Wanna hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies!

Weiss: (seemingly enthusiastic) Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try on clothes and talk about cute boys, like tall, dark, and handsome right here!

[Weiss points to me. The death glares increase by 1000%]

Ruby: Wow, really?!

Weiss: (dead silence under her glare) No.

[Our attention is drawn to the stage, where Professor Ozpin is readying the microphone, with Glynda beside him]

Ozpin: I'll... keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction. (as the students whisper among themselves) You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step.

Glynda: (as Ozpin leaves, she steps up to talk) You will gather in the ballroom tonight; tomorrow, your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed.

Yang: He seemed kind of... off.

Ruby: It's almost like he wasn't even there.

[I decided to sneak away after that. That night we all slept in a very large room. Each person had their own sleeping bag. I removed my shirt and started to lie down. I heard some gossiping and whistles from some girls including Yang]

Maverick: Should've seen that coming.

[I looked over and saw the girls fighting over something. I really didn't want to know]

Sinon POV

[Me and other girls except Asuna were all fighting to see who would sleep next to Maverick. I wasn't going to back down from any of them]

Sinon: Can't we all just agree to sleep in our own bags?

Leafa: Don't say that, Sinon. At first opportunity, you'll sneak over.

[Meanwhile, Yuuki and Asuna were being approached by boys to ask them to sleep next to them. Asuna quickly shot both of them down. I could see though that Yuuki was enjoying the attention]

Boy: I promise not to be perverted. I think you're a great fighter.

Boy 2: What's your name, cutie?

Yuuki: My name is Zekken and sorry boys but I have my eyes on someone.

[All of the boys sighed and walked away. I already knew who she meant. I returned my attention back to our group]

Sachi: I kind of want a turn. All of you have slept next to him before. I think I should have a turn.

[All of us looked at each other and realized that what Sachi said was true. We all sighed]

Sinon: Fine. You win, Sachi.

[Little did they know that I was going to sneak over as soon as I got the chance. I guess we must have been too loud because a girl with white hair came stomping in]

Weiss: (storming onto the scene in her own pajamas as Ruby traps Yang's leg) What in the world is going on over here?! Don't you realize some of us are trying to sleep?

Weiss and Yang: (at the sight of each other) Oh, not you again!

Ruby: Shh! Guys, she's right! People are trying to sleep!

Weiss: Oh, now you're on my side!

Ruby: I was always on your side!

Yang: Yeah, what's your problem with my sister? She's only trying to be nice!

Weiss: She's a hazard to my health!

[Someone blew out the lights and it went dark. I can see very well in the dark. My sneak skill is pretty much maxed out so I had no problem. I could see Sachi sleeping next to Maverick with a smile on her face. I quietly walked over and lied down next to Maverick. This is where I belong]