Chapter 1

( A picture of the main character Valeria Di Santis. Do you know this old actress? I had a hard time finding picture of them. Do comment if you do know her or want to know her name!

A fair warning before you start reading though, this was story was created by a request from a friend who enjoyed the Vampire the masquerade and roleplaying so it has similar themes with class system, lore, weaknesses and techniques. Write if you want me to clear them up for you in case you also want to use this world for roleplaying but otherwise the story is meant to be an introduction to the world and it's lore. 

But it also has alot of dark themes similar to The Masquerade such as abuse, death and so on. I wasn't sure if I should put a mature tag on it. Do comment what you think.  Either way enjoy!)

I was born 7 April 1931 in the grand city of Torino in Italy. A city I was honored of proclaiming my home. Once the capital of the royal family and now the growing city which rides on the tides of a new revolution called industry. I lived through the Second World War and survived Mussolini. I watched as a 14-year-old girl how the Italian Partisans liberated my beloved city from its oppressors and watch the city grow to its former glory.

My father, Antonio Di Santis, remained a strong royalist and believed in the House of Savoy even after they abandoned all hope of reclaiming their throne 1946. He became a member of the Italian Monarchist Union and amassed great wealth by building trams in the city. I lived happily on the Hill of Superga with my parents, grandma and younger sister. We hosted parties and socialized with the wealthiest of Torino's residents. Little did I know, that all good things must come to an end.

Thus it did. On 25 April 1950 during The Liberation day, my life changed forever as I looked upon the face of death itself. It took the shape of a woman, with hair like the sun, pearly skin, amber eyes with the likeness of the sun and a temper that could make soldiers chill in terror. She visited me the night before Liberation day. Forced me to drink her blood and told me I would die the day after along with my entire family, but I would not remember. Not until it was far too late.

And thus, I did, as our automobile went up in flame and I burned alive. I felt my skin melt and watched as the twisted figures of what I once called family slowly turned to ash. I remembered her face, her words and cursed her existence. Then... I woke up.

..............................................................................................................

I opened my eyes at home. Alas, I thought it was a dream. No, A horrible nightmare that haunted my sleep. I smiled weakly towards the sun of the morning and rose to greet my family. I went out to see the servants bestow me glances of melancholy. Though I did not comprehend why.

I went to my dining hall to find it empty. My Papá must be in his office. He always liked looking over last night's work. I eased my steps so that I wouldn't be perceived that I hasten as it wouldn't be proper but I longed to behold the face of the man who nurtured me. The one that always soothed my nerves when I was frightened by an ill dream.

I walked over to his office, the papers still on his desk, and whiskey glass empty. I sighed as I removed the glass from the desk and put the papers in a neat pile before leaving the room. I couldn't find them anywhere. I decided to search for my Noninna in the garden. She was too old to walk far but liked looking out over the green garden and to recall her youth. It didn't take long before I saw her silhouette leaning against her rocking chair. Noninna seemed fast asleep as she didn't move even when I called for her. I stalked closer and gently disturbed her, but she didn't respond.

"Noninna?" I called out to my grandmother, but she still didn't respond. Fright took hold of me as eery silence smothered me. Then she moved. I let out a scream when her head departed from her body and tumbled onto the ground. The body fell out of the chair. Her nightgown was covered in blood.