Chapter 2

(A Picture of Lucretzia Borgia. Enjoy the second chapter.)

The next day I fled. At least, I tried to. I wanted to prove that monster wrong. That I was my own master. I was gravely mistaken. My body refused to leave the mansion and to make the matter worse, the servants notified the woman Borgia what I had sought to accomplish. Regret could scarcely express what I experienced when she grabbed my hair and hauled me into the cellar. There was no light, no warmth. Only my weeping sounds and my wails for help.

Neither did get me freedom. Just lonesome silence. I do not know how many days I laid there scratching the door. I was starving. Hungry for something I could not comprehend. My body had caved in, and I could hardly stand. Hardly breathe. That was how I discovered that my breathing was not necessary for my survival. If I possessed the strength to claw my eyes out, I would do it for I have only now grasped that I did not escape my families fate. I perished along with them, I just didn't have the privilege to be united with them by the pearly gates of Heaven.

On a day like so many, the entrance to the basement finally opened. Illumination engulfed my body and for the first time in days, I was able to move. I could sense my skin siphoning the light and bring life back into my wilting body. But it was not the light I craved. Fangs sprouted in my mouth as the female servant walked past me to get some wine. I could discern her heartbeat. It was beating so loud.

When she turned around to leave, I grasped her hand and pulled her violently into my arms. With one forceful bite, I received what I desire. The warmth of her blood filled my mouth as I drank and spread power throughout my body. She let out a muffled cry for help, but I did not hearken her words. They were lost to me, as was my humanity. For at that moment, she was merely substance to keep me alive.

I let her go with a sigh as I was appeased. She whimpered in front of me, and I felt disdain for the pitiful creature crawling in front of me apologizing. I looked over at the door. Should I leave? Can I leave?

No, I could only gain liberty by ending the existence of that beast. To avenge my family. I grabbed onto the girl and our eyes met. Mine must have been much similar to that beast. Saffron eyes which blazed like the sun. The servant's eyes were hazel and aghast. "You shall not inform her about this."

"But Signora-"

"You shall not even recall this incident!" My words were like a whisper. I felt myself in her mind. Nudging it. Finding what I searched for, and wrecking it. She stared at me blankly. I did not know how or what I did but I knew she wouldn't remember. I laid down on the cold floor like a predator waiting for its prey. I listened as the servant left me behind as she barred the door after her. It was not yet time to slay the beast. I needed to be forbearing for this was not something to hasten. My time will come and then I will strike.

...............................................................................................................

I panted under the parasol. I sat in the patio as Signora Borgia cherished the sunlight while servants pandered her. I wanted to rip her heart out, but my body was too weak. The feeding on the girl had not gone well as Borgia had discovered the bite marks on the servant. The punishment had been gruesome as she had entered the basement with a filthy looking man with torturous tools. He ripped my fangs out while Signora Borgia gleefully bore witness.

My body had healed but I was so fatigued. The power I had received from the blood had perished, and what was left was seething wrath. Signora Borgia's laughter echoed in the garden as she coquetted a young servant boy. I grimaced at her trying to keep my composure, but I suffered from a grave illness.

Signora Borgia noticed my quiet aversion and was about to comment when I looked upon her eyes following something behind me. Her gracious expression faded into a sullen grimace. I wanted to look at what had made my tormentor in such a foul mood if only to praise it but I wasn't able to turn. I merely tried to keep my eyes opened for the spectacle.