12. An Other Encounter in His City.

12. An Other Encounter in His City.

MANNAT'S END

I WAS FINALLY IN NYC… THE CITY OF HUSSAIN !

It has been a week that I came to NewYork, my institute was amazing beyond my expectations. Luckily I got adjusted quite easily and I didn’t have to stay in  the hostel… thanks to hammad for that, because his fiancé, Seleena was renting a room in her apartment and hammad introduced me to her. So now I was living with her in her cozy little apartment in the center of NewYork… enjoying my life to the fullest I would say. Studies were tough but medical was not that bad I was enjoying it a lot… learnt a lot.

Sohail uncle and his wife Rabia aunty were really loving people, they didn’t let me feel odd or new over there. Hammad was a caring brother I got, though he was a bit crack at his brains but still an adorable person. I just couldn’t understand how Seleena and Hammad found each other… opposite attracts I guess.

I had to visit Brooklyn for some college work, so I asked Hammad to come with me. He got ready but later on,he was informed that he had a stay back in his office, Seleena was also busy in her work so I didn’t want to bother anyone else.

“Hey! Mannat, you are going to Brooklyn tomorrow?” Selena asked.

“yeh! have to visit the candouline academy” I told her.

“Are you sure you will manage on your own? Should I come with you?” she asked, putting the nail paint on her toes.

“Nope, am sure I will manage dear, and I know your boss would sue you up if you are going to take a single other off” I said and she cursed her bossy boss. I chuckled at her.

“Then why don’t you ask mady?” she used to call hammad as Mady, well I guess this one suited him a lot.

“Nai Selena seriously I don’t wanna bother anyone… and I will be fine, don’t worry” I said but she didn’t look convinced.

“And then I have the gps and all that….  And Hammad’s car is quite cool to drive as well, I will be fine” I assured her again and she nodded.

****************

Next day I went to College and after a very tiring day… I came back home. I opened my laptop and called Mom…..

“Hey! Hello princess!.... kesa hea mera bacha?” Baba’s face came on the screen and I felt all the tiredness washed away, I smiled broadly at him.

“Hiiiii….. ap ka bacha is perfectly okay, just missing you people as hell” I made a sad face.

“Nafeesa!... Arye! Nafeesa begum…. Come, its Mannat online” I heard Baba calling Mama.

“hm! We are missing you too beta!... its just that we are not used to of living a single day without you and now you have been gone…. This past whole weak was so difficult for all of us” Baba said, I clould sense his pain and sorrow.

“okay, am coming back….” I said with out looking at the screen and heard his chuckle.

“who is coming back?” I heard Mama’s voice.

“Hiiii! Mama am missing you” I made a puppy face and she blew a kiss towards me.

“pagal ho! …. Enjoy there beta, enjoy the studies and your time there, don’t get bothered and yup we are missing you as well” Mama said and I smiled weekly.

“Acha Mama, Baba I am going to Brooklyn today…. Have a college task to do.” I told them.

“Oh! Okay… be carefull okay, you are new there so just stay with Hammad and Seleena, and how is she? dosti ho gait um dono ki?” Mama asked as if I was a kindergarten kid and went to school on my first day.