60. Yaadein

60. YADEIN

HOUSTON, 2023

Tu hi tu har jagah, aaj kal kyun hai

Raaste har dafaa, sirf tera pataa

Mujhse pooche bhala kyun hai..

“Oye hoye! Romantic mode han!” I giggled as he started singing, he held my hand in his softly and spun me round…. Making the clothes fell off my hands and then pulled me softly into him.

We just lost into each others eyes as my feet moved in sync of his movement holding his hand and the other keeping over his heart… beating calmly under the warmth of my hand.

Huaa nahi pehle kabhi yeh

Chuaa nahi dil ko kisi ne

Har aarzoo tu hi

Chain-o-sukoon tu hi

Main toh kahoon

Tu hi ….. hai zindagi

Naa main apna raha

Naa kisi aur ka

Aisa mere Khuda kyun hai

His voice was magic around me and I just got lost into his trance… the trance of his love, his presence. He spun me round and round, moving with me as I went into circles in the room. his hand holding mine above my head while the other held at the back of his waist as we moved together I giggled at the feelings he was giving me in the pit of my stomach.

Suddenly he pulled me back into himself and was about to sing more when the machine started beeping, we at once looked at our back, then looked at each other and I burst into laughter while he rolled his eyes, leaving my hands reluctantly.

“your romantic mode can be turned on any time… anywhere Shehry! You are too much” I shook my head, I knew I was blushing and he smiled warmly as he stepped towadrs the laundary an started taking the clothes out of it.

“yeah! see… kaam ka kam ho jata hea or romance ka romance” he winked at me, while putting the clothes in the basket and I giggled.

“and what about them?” I pointed at the small heap of clothes on the floor and he whined making a face.

“Come on! Some other time… right now am starving begum, kuch khila do yar” he said, I was about to bend down to pick them up when he suenly came forward and held my arm softly.

“oye! Wait… let me do it” he hurriedly bent down and I smiled at him.

“Its okay Shehry! I can do it” I said slowly, he looked up at me and stood up smiling back warmly.

“I know, you are the superwoman of my life” he put the clothes in another basket and then holding my arms in his hands he pulled me into him, I rested my hands on his chest looking into his eyes…. “but right now, this superwoman needs to be a little cautious, I don’t want this little champ to do any hanky panky with you” he looked down at my tummy and I giggled pinching his cheek lightly.

“tum ho to phir koi hanky panky ho he nai sakti” I wrapped my arms around his neck and he bent down touching my nose with his, playfully and I smile.

“Dad!... Dad!where have you gone?” we hurriedly got straight up as we heard him yelling at the top of his lungs and I looked at Shehry narrowing my eyes as he shut his tightly, smacking his forehead.