27. Tension Continues...

27. TENSION CONTINUES….

RIDA’S POV

Who would have thought that…. These boys who were laughing and enjoying there life a couple of days back with us, today would cry like this, I just couldn’t look at Hussain, he looked as if all the blood was pumped up from his body, face all raged and his torso all covered up in bandages. He was in the CCU, we were allowed to just look at him from outside the glass door. So many tubes and canolas, IVs going throught his hands and forearm…..

Hussain’s parents were sitting outside the CCU, aunty looked all lost, her eyes swollen and lips mumering, reciting something under her breath.  Few of their friends came in the morning when Uncle aunty arrived and they took Maha along with them to the apartment… poor kid! Looked all confused and afraid with all this.

Waqas, Shehry and I was sitting outside Mannat’s room, she was shifted to the room in the morning… she was out of danger, but for her mental peace the doc gave her relaxants and she was sleeping. Her neck was wrapped up with a faty bandage and her right arm was also had a bandage. Thanks God she was fine and out of danger. I have never seen Mannat in pain…. Looking at her like this was just too much.

“I think you people should take some rest now” I put a hand on Waqas’s shoulder and he looked at me, his eyes swollen and face dull.

“no… am fine, but yeah! I think Shehry, you should go home and take Aunty with you. Wo yahan bethe bethe or pareshan hon gi” Waqas said then addressed Shehry, who looked all lost looking at the front wall…. For so long.

“Shehryyy” Waqas touched his shoulder and he looked at us atonce, looking lost in thoughts

“ghar chala ja yar…. You need rest” Waqas said and shehry shook his head.

“No, am fine” he said and Waqas looked down… knowing he wont be able to convince him.

I stood up and looked at Mannat from the glass patch on the door, I slowly opened the door and stepped inside, she looked disturbed, her expressions full of pain and anxiety. Mental breakdown is a big thing…. I wonder how long we would be able to hide it from Salaar uncle and Nafeesa aunty. I stepped towards her bed and touched her hand, having the IV… it was cold. The nurse suddenly came in along with the doctor and I looked at him, thankfully he didn’t ask me to leave.

Suddenly my hand felt some movement and I looked at her face, there was movement in her body, her eyes slowly trying to open and her lips trembling…. She was saying something, but I couldn’t get that.

“Mannat!.... Mannat…  aankhen kholo Mannat!” I bent down on her a bit and touched her face… she was danm cold.

Slowly she opened her eyes and looked at my face, I smiled at her trying to hold back my tear.

“you okay?..... dara diya tum ne yar” I said still holding her hand, her grip on my hand got tighter.

“R…Ri…

“han bolo Mannat, am here…. You want something?” she couldn’t utter my name and I asked suddenly.

She said kept on looking at my face, unable to say anything… slowly tears started rolling down from the corners of her eyes and I rubbed them softly, she closed her eyes I felt her pain…. I knew why she was weaping, I could feel her pain.

“Mannat! Please, you are alright… even Hussain is okay” I said and she suddenly opened her eyes.

“pro…mise me…. Promise me that… that he is okay” she said with teary eyes and I heard the doctor instructing something to the nurse. She came forward before I could say anything.