The second day

I opened my eyes and I saw the old woman staring at me.

 “What are you doing here?” I yelped.

  “I brought you something for breakfast,” she answered. “Eat it and then we will talk.”

 She handed me a big burger and a cup of tea. I ate it as fast as possible, because I was very hungry.

After the breakfast, I and the woman went to the garden and were talking.

“I'm very sorry about the place where you were sleeping. I hadn't time enough to give you a room with a bed. But I'm going to give you one tonight.” The woman said.

“Don't worry. I like sleeping outside. Tell me something about your stepson, please. Why do you look after him?” I wondered.

 “That's my business. But he is very dangerous for people like you, Jack. I won't let him hurt you, because I like you. You are very brave and clever... You are just the man who I need.” said the woman.

 “What do you need me for?” I asked.

 The woman didn't answered.

We stopped in front of the house and she opened the front door. I felt cold coming out of the house. I turned and looked at the lake of blood, then I turned back to the woman.

“Come in,” she said.

“It's a nice day. I want to stay outside,” I protested.

“Come in! I need you!” the woman commanded.

I wanted to obey, but I suddenly heard a whisper:
“Please, stay with me.”

I immediately knew who was whispering! Aurora, the lady of the lake it was.

 “Come in!” the woman repeated.

 I thought that she didn't hear the whisper so I didn't obey her. I turned and went into the garden.

The woman was confused and annoyed and she followed me.