The journey begins

We were quietly marching through the forest. None of us said a word. It was a hot day but under the trees I felt a little cold.

I didn't like the forest. A grave silence was everywhere. Not even a bird sang. Just leaves on the trees were whispering as if something evil was going to happen. I was scared and I had no idea where we were going to because Aurora responded to me mysteriously.

All I knew was that I didn't want to come back.

"We stay here tonight." Aurora said. "I need a rest. You'll have a watch during the night. If anything happens you'll wake me up immediately."

I was scared even more but I didn't dare to object.

"Of course I will." I accepted.

While Aurora was casting some 'spells of protection' I set up a fire.

It was too cold in the evening.

When Aurora fell asleep next to the fire I sat down beside her and watched the forest around us.

There was a scary silence only Aurora was slowly breathing.

I looked at her. The fear disappeared at once and the feelings I felt to her warmed me up.

She was so beautiful! I'd forgotten everything about the forest I just knew Aurora was here with me. Nothing more was important.

I came closer to her and kissed her on her soft white glowing cheek... Wonderful!

I kissed her again and she smiled and glowed brighter.

If you could see her you would be blind but I just stared at her in amaze and my eyes opened wider even thought the light was very strong.

How could I do that? I don't really know. Maybe I'd already been blind since I'd fallen in love with her. Or I loved her so much that nothing could destroy me.

"Geiff-gg!"

I looked towards that voice and I realized I was still in that dark forest.