Our new house

We have finally moved out of New York and went to Peaceful Pines, a small town surrounded by a forest. It was vastly different from New York, and I didn't mind it. It was actually nice. If only Delia didn't decide to ruin the ambiance with her big mouth. I came out of the car as Delia inside to see the house. I looked at the house itself. It was really beautiful. It was a three story house with the attic included on a hill. The outside was pure white with the only color that popped was the red front door. Lydia sat down on an armchair as she watched everything through her camera lens. She wore all black, as usual, with her hair done in her signature updo. Her outfit was a little bit of a death rocker style, but it suited her. I, on the other hand, was wearing a set of black overall shorts with black tights and a black long sleeved shirt. My hair was up in a short ponytail with  a fringe framing my face. The movers picked up my sister in the chair when she didn't move. It was funny watching her just getting hauled in the chair. She pretended to die as she was lifted and let out a groan. I laugh and smile back at her as she faced me. 

I looked to the small town a little ways away from us. So small and quaint. I turn back to go inside the new house. It was as old fashioned as the town, but it was aesthetically pleasing for what it was. I stand next to Lydia. She was a few inches shorter than me with me being 5'9 and her 5'6. We can hear Dad buzzing around, happy to see our new house.

"What do you think honey?" He asked Lydia.

"Delia hates it." Lydia and I say in unison. We obviously know how Delia is and her "tastes" are. We know she doesn't like it. That means we like it. I head to the staircase where there was cobwebs all over the banister. I smirked at the spider, knowing I can use it to scare Delia. Either that or keep it. 

"I like it though. As long as I get the attic." I say, letting him know on my opinion.

"Of course, Princess. You can use it to do your music."

"I could live here." Lydia pops next to me as she sees the spider. Delia was in the background as she was telling the movers to be careful with her crappy sculpture. The mover had a look that said "So what?" when she said she made it. I decide to look more and saw more spiders and a couple of crickets. As I looked around, I wondered what were the previous people who owned the house were like. From what I can see, there were no kid stuff. So maybe just them.

"Aria?"

"Hmm?"

"What do you think of the house? Really?" I look to Lydia, who takes a picture of me.

"As I said before, I like it. It's better than living in the condominium that we were living before. It's less...disturbing. And you Lydia?" 

"I just wish Delia didn't trash the place." I nodded in agreement. 

"Let's go check out our rooms." I walked past her as I headed to the room I wanted. It was bigger than my previous room. I saw there was a pretty good size closet and own bathroom. The wallpaper was the same as the rest of the house. A sigh escapes me. There's something about to happen. I know it.

The rest of the day was spent moving in and now it was dinner time. I sat next to Lydia as I was enjoying my teriyaki chicken since we didn't have any groceries yet for me or Dad to make something. 

"I can't believe we are eating Cantonese." Of course, Delia complains. "Do they not have any Szetchwan up here?" 

"I plan to have a stroke from the amount of MSG that's in this food."

"Don't go before I do. I may want to get my ears shot before I end up listening to someone whine about food when she can't make it herself." Delia looks at me and raises up her nose.

"This is our first meal together in this house, so why don't we make it a pleasant one?" 

"Say that when you don't complain about the food." I raise my eyebrow, narrowing my eyes.

"Lydia, don't bait your mother. Aria..." Dad looks at me. He knows that I don't get along with Delia. She has been a pain in my ass ever since since we met and still is. I roll my eyes and just continued to eat. "Anyways, Pumpkin. As soon as we get settled, we can build you a dark room in the basement. And for you, Monkey," he says, switching his view with me, "we can get the attic soundproofed and ready for your music room. " 

"My whole life is one dark room. One. Big. Dark. Room." Lydia replies. 

"You were miserable in New York and you'll be miserable in the sticks. Someone's life hasn't been upheaved." Delia complains about Lydia's comment.

"No, that's the effect of you and your whining. I can actually feel dinner upheaving as your complaints come out of you. It's a shame I can't mute you or soundproof my room until the attic is open."

"Aria." Dad looks at me. My eyes shifted to him, tired of listening to Delia.

"Whatever. I'm going to bed. I don't want to hear Delia squawk anymore." I put my chopsticks down on my takeout box and climb upstairs to my room. I shut the door and lock it. I breathed through my nose, hoping to calm down a bit. It slightly worked. I lay down in my bed and think of what will happen now. I close my eyes and slowly fell asleep.