The Summoning

A couple of workers, Otho and Dad were talking. The Maitlands, Lydia, and I were hiding behind some of the bigger pieces of furniture while listening in. 

"Can't we bring Maxie up here?" Otho complained. So, he didn't listen. He's still willing to go through with this. Damn it dad.

"You've got a stake in this too Otho. Now listen, this is a presentation. It requires a bit of occasion, a sense of style." Dad reasoned with Otho, hoping to quell his complaining. "It's so big. How are we gonna get this out?" 

"It's sectional. Get it both ends." Otho noticed.

"Wait there's plugs." I sighed and rubbed my temple as I watch them take away the town model. Lydia and I decided to investigate on what the deal is. We walked downstairs and see Dad's old boss and his wife in the living room. Dad was giving a speech about how different businesses wanted to expand to here in Connecticut. I narrowed my eyes. Delia began to clap as Dad finished his presentation. He looked down to see me and Lydia stand next to him.

"Ah, Lydia, Aria. So glad you can join us, you two. I just finished the initial presentation. How about we stretch our legs and have our friends meet your friends? Maybe present one of your songs, Aria. I seen you write in your special book." Oooh did I want to scream out hell no right now.

"Are they here yet?" The wife asked. I glared as I look to see the lush drank way too many. Wait, she's still alive. Drink some more, lady.

"We came to see ghosts, Charles." And you won't get to, so leave and shave the thing you call a mustache.

"They're not here anymore." I said. They invited them for two reasons, business and the Maitlands. Great... screw you people.

"Every time she says that, the paint peels right off and something wild tries to kill us." Dad laughed and brushed off my reply. I'll play with you too Dad.

"Like you after breakfast when you go to the bathroom?" I looked to him with the most innocent look I can pull off. He looked to me, but didn't say anything. 

"But we have these pictures Aria." The wife walked up to where Dad had Lydia's pictures of the Maitlands. 

"Really though. They said they might come back and we could all live here. If you agree to not tease them or make them do stupid tricks." Lydia stepped in as I was about to tell them they passed on and went to heaven. Delia giggled.

"She has such a tendency to overreact."

"Like your tendency to drink and smile as if you got botox in your face?" I look to Delia and smile as she had the look of shut up.

"Oh Aria. She has such a sharp tongue. She just gets a little cranky when she wants to keep things to herself. Sometimes, it is so cute." I'm about to get goddamn adorable right now. "Well, we're not relying on her or Lydia. We got Otho."

What could he do? 

"Are they still here Otho?"

"They're still here. Just hiding out." Damn it.

"They probably feel guilty about what they did to me." Dad said. 

"Yeah. They didn't knock some sense or decency into you." I replied as I went to sit at the mini bar.

"They're sorry they didn't kill you." Delia replied, trying to milk some sympathy.

"We don't need to know their guilt. We just want to see them" The boss said. 

"Otho, can you do it?"

"It might be a bit tricky, but I think I can do it." We saw he had the handbook.