Meeting Beetlejuice

It was a couple of days after the dinner party and I went to go see Lydia. She was still upset. I don't blame her though. I shook my head and decided to get some fresh air. I got out of my pajamas and got into my overalls and black long sleeved shirt. I decided to put on some tights that had balls on the knees like a wooden doll might have.  I went to her room.

"Hey Lyds, you..." She's not here. The attic? I never did get to lock the door since the dinner party. I walked to the stairs and saw her almost to the top. 

"Hey Lyds." She turned to see me.

"Hey Aria." I looked to her hands. I saw a part of the note. Me being the big sister that I am, I had to know. I grabbed it out of her hand. 

"Aria!" I ducked down and twirled around her as I read it. I ended up pushing her away. 

"A suicide note Lydia?! What the hell?!" 

"I want to die!" Lydia screamed. "You read it! No one understands me! No one listens to me! All I do get is scolded and ignored."

"And what am I? I get the same treatment too! I don't go to this." I wave it in front of her face. "Lydia..." All my tension just flies out of me. "You think you're alone? You're not the only one who gets scolded at. I do. I cause trouble. I keep snapping at Delia. I get ignored and cast aside."

"You do it too! You shot all my ideas whenever I planned to tell Dad or Delia!"

"Because it's obvious at this point Lyds! They will never listen to us. Not when it's about ghosts or something like that. They will never listen to us about anything. Was I wrong on those parts?" She breathed in and out.

"No."

"Besides... it's not worth it. You can't end it like this. Not when I have wanted to as well." Lydia stared at me in utter shock.

"What?"  I sighed. I wasn't lying when I said I did.

"I was upset when Mom was gone. The one person who inspired me to play music. All my songs were dark as the black we wear. One day, I saw the kitchen knife... it started to look reaaal friendly. So I took it. I wanted to do it in my room." I looked to Lydia. "But, I ended up not doing it." 

"...Why?"

"I saw you. In your room bawling your eyes out and silently screaming while holding a picture of mom. I passed to Dad's room. He was disheveled. Reeked of whiskey. Miserable. I didn't want the two of you end up that badly again. So I never did. However... the idea never goes away. Whether by knife or falling off the top of a building, or flight of stairs. I have tried so hard. Especially when Dad started dating Delia."I shrugged as if I wanted to shrug the thought of it away. "And you know what?" She let her eyes meet mine to see my truth. "It never did. It's still there on the back of my mind." Lydia looked down in shame. 

"I still want to see the Maitlands." I sighed and nodded.

"Fine. Maybe they can tell you the same thing too." We went up.

"Mr and Mrs. Maitland?" Lydia called. There was no one here.

"Hello?" I asked out loud. "Where are you?" Lydia walked behind me, afraid something might pop out."

"Dead." A gravelly voice said. We looked around and saw nothing until we saw something on the model of the town. It was called Dante's Inferno Room. From the outside, you can tell it was basically a stripper club. Mr. Maitland would never build that.When would he have? "Dead, dead, deadski." Lydia and I turned to each other and back to the model. There was a little man on the second floor of it. He was laying on a lawnchair, just sitting back under a red light stand, getting a tan?