Chapter 7

LENNON.

"Lenny!" I heard Cruz call out as he entered my house.

"Kitchen!" I responded.

"How the hell did he get in?" Jared, who had come over, asked.

"He has a key." I chuckled.

"So you give him a key but not me?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Uh..yea." I laughed.

He rolled his eyes just as Cruz walked in the kitchen.

"Where's Noah?" Jared asked.

"Dad's." Cruz replied.

I scoffed at the mention of my father. I wasn't quite fond of him after he cheated on my mom. My brothers forgave him for his mistake but I never did. Why should I? My father and his mistress ruined what was a complete and happy family.

"Don't even start, Len." Cruz rolled his eyes.

He hated that I disliked my own father. He always wanted everyone to get along and be happy with one another.

"Now, I came here because dad sent me actually."

Oh great.

"Go on." Jared said.

"He said he has news for all of us and wants us to go over for dinner tonight."

No way in hell was I gonna go. The last time I was at his house was last year around my nineteenth birthday. I had just gone to pick up my birthday present since he was too busy with his snobbish girlfriend doing God knows what.

"Well you can count me out." I stood up and grabbed an apple from the counter.

"Oh no no." Jared pointed at me. "You're going."

"What are you? Cruz number 2?" I rolled my eyes.

"You're going, Len, I don't care what you say. I'll come get you if I have to." Cruz snapped.

I sighed and took a seat back at the island. This was gonna be tough to get out of.

"I have plans." That was a lie.

"With who?" Jared eyed me as I bit into my apple.

"Harry Styles."

Why did I say his name? I have no idea. Maybe it was because I had been thinking about him ever since he saw my scars last night.

"Since when are you and Harry friends?"

"Since yesterday."

"Well cancel your plans. You're going."

I groaned and rolled my eyes. My brothers were the worst sometimes.

"Cruz, why can't you understand that I don't get along with the guy? Especially his fucking girlfriend!"

"What happened was years ago! Get over it!"

Those last three words made me furious.

I couldn't just get over it. My dad ruined my family. He ruined my mother. He ruined me. And I hate him for all of that. I hate him for throwing away the happy family we once were. I went through so fucking much because of him and here my brother expects me to Fucking get over it? I will not ever get over it!

"Oh God." Jared sighed. He knew that what Cruz said totally pissed me off.

"Get over it?" I began. "You want me to get over something that destroyed the happy family that we once were? Fucking hell I will never get over this! It's not something I can get over!"

"He fucking ruined our family and you want me to get over it, well gee that's definitely something so easy." I rolled my eyes. "But you know what? I'll go to this stupid dinner tonight just to please you all."

I had no other choice but to go anyway.

"Good." Cruz said. "I'll see you both later then."

He turned around without a word and left. My front door slammed shut and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm gonna catch up to him and then head back home too." Jared stood up.

"I'm not happy with you either, you know." I said.

"I know but I'm your favorite brother." He laughed as he hugged me.

"Can't agree to that." I joked.

He rolled his eyes and made his way towards the front door. "See you tonight!"

"Okay." I said quietly.

Well tonight was definitely going to be interesting...