Chapter 9

LENNON.

"He's cute, good choice Len." Marie winked as we reached the front door.

"Hey, just friends." I laughed. "Besides, I barely met him last night."

"Really? You two seem to get along as if you've known each other quite a while." She said.

I realized she was right. I hadn't even noticed it but we actually did get along real quick, as if we we've been friends for the longest.

"I guess you're right." I chuckled.

The front door opened before anyone of us could knock. My dad came into view and I rolled my eyes.

"Be nice tonight." Marie whispered.

"That'll be hard to do." I whispered back.

"Kids! Come on in, so good to see you." He hugged Jared, Cruz, and Marie before stopping as Harry and I stepped in.

"Lennon, it's nice to see you." He smiled as he awkwardly hugged me.

"You too." I said quickly. "Father, I brought a guest. Harry, this is my father. Father, this is Harry."

"Ah yes, you're in that boy band One Direction."

"Yes, sir. It's good to meet you." Harry smiled.

"So are you two dating or what?"

I rolled my eyes at his stupid question.

"No, sir. Just friends." Harry answered.

"Nice, well make yourself at home, Harry." My father smiled.

I sighed and led Harry into the dining room.

"Sorry about his stupid question." I said.

"It's okay." He chuckled.

We reached the dining room where Noah and my father's girlfriend, Veronica, were at. I rolled my eyes at the sight of her. I clearly did not like her, and I very much noticed that she did not like me either.

She was 34 and in my opinion, too young for my father. With that same whore is who my father cheated on my mother with five years ago. She's the one who along with my father, ruined a very happy family. I know she only wanted to be with my father because of his fame and fortune. She didn't love him, it was obvious. But of course my father was too stupid to take any notice of that.

"Hello, kids. Nice to see you." She sent us all a fake smile.

"You too." Jared answered without looking at her.

One thing that me and my brothers shared was that we all disliked her, very much. I felt bad for Noah who had to spend every other week here. Since he was still underage, he didn't have the choice who to live with. I'm pretty sure though as soon as he turns eighteen, he'll stick with my mother. He's quite a momma's boy.

"Well have a seat, our maid will serve dinner any minute now." My father said.

I sat in between Harry and Noah.

"I sure do hope Veronica didn't cook." I whispered to my little brother.

"She didn't, thank God." Noah chuckled.

Veronica didn't know how to cook for shit. All her foods would come out wrong. Either they were burnt, have too much salt, or too much spices. Whatever it was, it always came out disgusting.

"So, how have you all been?" My father asked.

"Good, dad, and you?" Cruz asked.

"Great. I've been very happy lately, especially now since I have you all together." He smiled.

I scoffed and took a drink from my water, just as the maid came out to serve us some tilapia fish, with white rice and a salad on the side. Now this actually looked way better than Veronica's cooking. It smelled delicious too.

Once everyone had their plates served, we all dug in. As everyone ate, they all got engaged in different conversations.

"Your dad seems a bit nice." Harry said to me.

"Oh you haven't seen the real him yet." I chuckled.

He laughed as he sipped his water.

"I feel quite uncomfortable." He mentioned.

"Why is that?" I frowned.

"Well," he cleared his throat. "Your dad's girlfriend won't stop starring at me."

I looked up slowly and sure enough the slut was starring at Harry with a look that said "rip my panties off." What a fucking whore.

"Of course she is, she's a slut." I said. "Follow my lead, and maybe she'll stop."

He eyed me as I raised my arm and wrapped it around his shoulders. I pressed my lips to his ear and whispered, "Just play along." He smiled and nodded.

"How is this supposed to work though?" He whispered in my ear.

"I've done this with one of my ex boyfriends. That same look she has on her face right now is the same look she gave him. We acted all couple like in front of her until she stopped starring."

"Ah okay." He smiled. "Wow, it actually seems to be working."

From the corner of my eye, I could see her look away but then look back at us every once in a while.

"Told you." I smiled.

He grinned and surprised me by pressing a kiss to my cheek. My eyes widened as he pulled back slowly. He noticed my surprised look and quickly apologized.

"Sorry, I uh thought that would help." He said.

"No, no. It's totally fine." I smiled.

I knew I was madly blushing right now. He must've noticed because he looked down at my cheeks and laughed.

"Red's a good colour on your cheeks." He teased.

"Shut up." I laughed removing my arm from him.

At the end of the dinner, my father finally announced why we were having this dinner in the first place. This was actually the only reason why I gave in into coming here. I knew he had an announcement and I wanted to know what it was.

"So as you all know, Veronica and I have been together for about six years now." He said.

I rolled my eyes at this.

"And you all know that I love her very much." He said.

Now, I couldn't help but just say something at this point.

"Oh you do? Could've sworn you said the same thing about mom, now look what's happened." I laughed.

"Lennon." Cruz warned.

Harry looked at me and gave me a sympathetic smile. I knew he understood me, I don't know how, but I just know he did. He was the second person to know how I feel. The first being my little brother. He and I were the youngest when my dad cheated on my mom so we both took it the hardest, and still are struggling about it.

"Lennon, this is different." My dad said.

"Of course this is, you didn't cheat on Veronica. Well not yet at least." I said.

"Okay, I'm going to ignore your comment and just continue." He said. "We actually have two announcements tonight."

Veronica smiled and grabbed my father's hand.

"I'm really happy about this and I hope you all are happy for us too, but recently we just found out..." he paused. "...that Veronica and I are expecting our first child together."

What the actual fuck.

"And we've decided to get married..."