Chapter 8

LENNON.

I looked at my outfit and sighed. I was dressed in a blue and white striped button up, a navy blue blazer, leather skinny pants, and some black wedges. My hair lay just below my shoulders in soft waves, my bangs almost covering my eyes. Which reminds me, I have to go get them trimmed. My makeup wasn't too much. I held just a simple, natural look.

The doorbell rang, catching me off guard. I wasn't expecting anyone.

Confused, I hurried out of my room and down the stairs. I walked up to the door and opened it to reveal none other than Harry Styles.

"Harry!" I said surprised.

"Hey, you're going somewhere?" He asked looking at my outfit.

"Yea, I was just getting ready to leave." I smiled.

"Oh bummer, I was coming to ask if you wanted to go out for dinner, but I guess I'm too late." He frowned.

"Oh sorry, I have to go to this stupid dinner at my dad's house." I said causing him to laugh.

And then it hit me.

"Wait, you should come with me!"

"To your dad's house? No way, it seems like your having a family dinner. I don't want to intervene." He shook his head.

"You won't be intervening, my brother's wife will be there. Plus, I'm annoyed with two of my brothers right now and it would really help to have someone fun there." I smiled.

"I really don't t-"

"Wait." I cut him off. I ran inside my house, grabbed my car keys and phone, and ran back outside closing the door behind me.

"Think I should go." He finished off.

"Well I think you should, come on." I took his hand and lead him to my car.

"I don't have a choice do I?" He asked.

"Nope, now get in." I laughed.

He shook his head with a smile on his face and opened the passenger door of my car. I did the same and slipped in the driver's seat.

"I'm quite nervous." Harry closed the door.

"Why?"

"Are you kidding? Your father is an absolute legend!"

"I don't get what people see in him." I rolled my eyes.

He sat quietly as I turned on the car.

"I have a feeling you don't have a good relationship with your father."

"And your feeling is correct." I drove out of my driveway.

"May I ask why?"

"He cheated on my mother, ruined a happy family, he ruined me." I said dryly.

"Sorry about that." He said as I drove down the street.

"Now do you think he's a legend?"

Silence.

"Not really."

There we go. Now I like him again.

"That's why I'm so pissed about this dinner, I don't like being around him and his girlfriend. My older brothers are forcing me to go though, but I have you now so I'm a bit more happy." I smiled.

"Should I take that as a compliment?" He grinned.

"You shall."

"Well thank you."

"De nada." I chuckled.

"You speak Spanish?"

"Well, I'm half Mexican, so yea I speak some of it. I have a huge accent when I speak it though." I laughed.

"That's cool. I love Spanish." He smiled.

"Yea, it's hard though. I had to learn it to communicate with my mother's non English speaking parents." I said.

"Well that's nice." He smiled.

We talked some more about random things all the way until we reached my father's house. I drove in through the gates of my father's mansion and drove up to the front, parking behind Jared's car. Cruz's car was just in front of Jared's, and they both had just arrived also.

"Now, I must warn you though, seeing as how I don't get along with my father and his girlfriend there might be a little arguing at the dinner table." I chuckled.

"No worries." He laughed.

"Come on." I said as I unbuckled myself and stepped out of my car. Harry did the same and followed me as I walked over to my brother's and my sister in law Marie, who was Cruz's wife.

"I brought a guest since I was practically forced to come." I said after I greeted them.

"Harry, bro, good to see you." Jared smiled as he hugged Harry.

"You too, man." Harry chuckled.

"Styles, didn't think I'd see you here." Cruz chuckled.

"I didn't think it would be here either, I was invited unexpectedly. Actually I was practically also forced to come." He laughed.

"Sorry." I chuckled.

"This is my wife, Marie. Marie, this is Harry." Cruz introduced them.

"Nice to meet you." Harry smiled.

"Same here." She smiled.

The boys all began to walk towards the front door and I stayed close behind with Marie...