Chapter 10

HARRY.

Well this was so terribly awkward. I'm not even a part of this family and I just went through a family dinner and family announcement.

After Mr. Grey announced that they were expecting and getting married, everyone became very quiet. That is until Lennon had an outburst.

"Excuse me, but did I hear wrong?" She clenched her teeth.

"No, we are having a baby and we are getting married." Her father's girlfriend said.

Lennon stood up from her seat, throwing her napkin on her plate.

"You tell us you're having a baby and getting married and expect us to be happy about it!" She told her father.

"Lenny, It's the least you could do." Her father stood up also.

"No! I don't want another sibling whose mother and father ruined the happiness of my mother. I especially don't want this whore to he my stepmother!"

"Enough, Lennon!" Her father yelled. "I get that I messed up but that's in the past, get over it!"

"I will never get over it!" She yelled back. "I hate you so fucking much!"

Mr. Grey pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded.

"Anybody else have something to say?" He said.

"Yea, I do." Noah said. "Fuck you dad."

He stood up and left the dining room without another word. Jared stood up and went after him.

"I'm leaving, Harry let's go." Lennon said.

I stood up and followed behind her as we walked out of the house. We walked to her car and instead of getting in, she just leaned against the hood of her car, arms crossed in front of her.

"I'm so sorry you had to hear all that. I really didn't expect to receive such news and I was just completely caught off guard." She said.

"It's fine, don't worry." I said.

"I just-" she bit her trembling lip.

I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her. She let out a sob and wrapped her arms around me. I rubbed her back as she cried into my shirt. My heart ached as she cried. I hated seeing people cry, but with her it was different. I felt like kissing her tears away, I just wanted to hold her forever.

"I'm sorry." She pulled away. "We should go."

I let go of her and she walked over to the driver's seat. I followed and got in the passenger's seat. With a tissue, she wiped her tears away before driving off.

*

"Again, I'm really sorry about tonight. I shouldn't have dragged you there." She said as we stepped out of her car. We had finally arrived at her house, where my car was currently at.

"Stop apologizing." I smiled. "I was glad I was there for you."

"Thank you." She smiled. "I hope I can make this up to you, how about dinner tomorrow?"

I frowned and shook my head. "I'm leaving tomorrow."

"To where?" She asked.

"Back to England, but I'll be back at the end of the month for the VMAs. Will I see you there?" I asked.

"I won't be attending but I'll be here at home. You can stop by." She smiled.

"I definitely will." I grinned.

"I guess I'll see you in a couple weeks then. Make sure to keep in touch." She smiled.

"Here, have my number, and let me have yours." I said.

"Oh sure."

We exchanged phones and typed in each other's phone numbers. We handed them back to each other once we were done.

"Thank you, again. For literally being my shoulder....or chest, to cry on." She chuckled.

"No worries." I smiled. "I plan on being there for you always."

She smiled and gave me a hug. I wrapped my arms around her tightly and swayed back and forth. I didn't want to let go.

"Whatever you do, don't hurt yourself." I whispered.

Those scars on her wrists had been on my mind since yesterday. I couldn't think how such a beautiful girl like her could ever hurt herself. How could a beautiful girl like her be hurting so much?

"I won't." She said softly.

I bent down and kissed her cheek, as we both pulled away from the hug.

"I'll get going now. Thanks for being of great company." I smiled.

"No, thank you." She smiled. "Have a safe trip back to England."

"Thank you, see you in a couple weeks." I said as I walked over to my car.

"See you!" She called out. I smiled and waved at her as I got in my car.

Lennon Grey is really something special to me already. Crazy thing is barely met her yesterday....