Chapter Nine

"So? How was it?"

Zenyatta sat across the table, stirring his spoon around his froyo. His light eyes sparkled with curiosity. Across from him sat Genji, his headphones drapped around his neck. As soon as the question was asked he sighed, fiddling with the zipper of his jacket.

"I dunno, man. He got... We got... Y'know." He stumbled over his words, not meeting the other's gaze. He let his fingers drum on the table, deep in thought. "We almost... He may've leaned in for a moment..."

Zen froze, spoon halfway to his mouth. Slowly, he set it back down. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, then reopened them. The Junior watched him, worried.

Suddenly, the programmer slammed a hand on the table, causing the other male to jump.

"You did not try to kiss him, did you? On the first date?" He shook his head, a playful gleam in his eye. "Bold move, Sparrow.

Genji's face flushed and he started messing with his zipper again. "It wasn't a date! He asked me to hang out-"

"- which is basically the same thing as a date."

"It is not."

The skepticism was clear in Zenyatta's face. "Tell me one thing that happened last night that isn't considered a date."

He answered almost immediately. "We didn't get dinner, and we didn't pick the other up."

Tekhartha rolled his eyes. "I meant at the rink."

Genji thought back on it, trying to think of one, not gay thing that happened that night, but his heart kept going back to how fast his heart was beating whenever Lucio looked at him and how neither of them would let the other's hand go. The thoughts only made him blush a dark red and he sighed loudly.

"I guess you could call it a date... But neither of us are willing to admit it."

"Neither? Or just you?"

"He doesn't like me," the Asian snapped. As quickly as he raised his voice, he brought it back down to a whisper. "At least, not like that. We don't know each other well enough to start pining over each other-"

"But maybe you do," Zen said, scrapping the rest of his froyo onto his spoon and popping it into his mouth. He then crossed his arms and leaned back in his seat. "May I offer you some advice, Genji?"

The green-haired male shrugged as he took a bite. "Hit me."

"Don't waste your time trying to establish a relationship. Let the relationship come to you."

Across the table, Genji rolled his eyes. "Easier said than done, Mister Single."

A scoff. Then, "Just because I am asexual doesn't mean I can't fall in love." He leaned towards the other, a serious look on his face. "What's important is that there is clearly some chemistry between you two. All you have to have is patience, time and commitment, and you'll be able to make that bond stronger."

The programmer nodded slowly, letting his gaze drift out the window. "Patience, time and commitment, huh?" He felt his chest rise and fall and he sighed. "I hope Lucio has that, too."