Chapter Eighteen

Sunlight filtered through the closed blinds, covering the room in small, vertical lines of light. Most of the light landed directly on white bedsheets - and, more importantly, the people under them.

Genji turned his head a bit and winced as a hazy red appeared on the back on his eyelids. He tried to roll over, but soon realized there was a person in his way. A person whom he had his arms wrapped around. Reluctantly, his eyes fluttered open.

There, curled up at his chest, was Lucio. He sucked in a breath and froze, trying not to disturb him. Asleep, the Brazilian looked soft - his features were relaxed and child-like, and his hair was splayed out across the pillow. A sudden urge to protect the musician came over him and he hugged him tighter.

They laid there for a bit, the birds chirping outside, the sun gradually rising, their breathing matched. Steady. Slow. Calm. Finally, the other stirred.

Lucio's eyes opened and he looked around for a second, alarmed. His gaze met Genji's and he relaxed some. Sleepily, he buried his face into the Asian's neck. "Morning, Sparrow." The birds chattered outside for a minute, then he added, "No pun intended."

A blush appeared on his face and he smiled. "Good morning, Lu." He rested his chin on the other's head, trying to keep his voice from wavering. "Sleep well?"

"I mean, I had less than eight hours..." The Brazilian pulled back, a lazy grin on his face. "But with you, I can manage."

Genji smirked and pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Well? Is it enough to drive?"

He shrugged. "Probably..." Lucio's head went back to the programmer's chest. "But just to be sure, let's stay here for a bit longer..."

The green-haired male laughed and held him tighter. "Sure thing..."

They ended up falling back asleep, cradled in each other's arms.