Hospital

I kept falling in and out of consciousness as the ambulance rushed to the nearby hospital. My throat felt crushed and broken. My dad had tried to strangle me to death. The ambulance arrived and I was rushed into the white busy building. The hall smelt of chemicals and medicines and were filled with doctors and nurses muttering to each other.

I was placed in a small hospital bed. It felt warm and soft...it felt safe? Fuyumi was there the entire time holding my non broken hand. My eyes grew heavy. I hadn't slept for ages. A couple more minutes and I was in a deep sleep.

(This is a dream.)
I sat in the middle of the hallway. Ice was everywhere and the cold empty feeling filled my body. I looked down at my arms. The scars from my cutting were open again and dark velvet blood trickled down my arms. I walked through the empty hallway to a small room. I saw myself on the floor. I looked dead... Fuyumi was screaming at my 'father'. I walked passed the room and opened what I assumed was the front door or in my case my escape. The bright light of the day engulfed me. It was warm but the empty feeling stuck. I began walking following a small path. A lot of things had either ice or fire on them. I soon stood in front of my school. I went in and made my way to 1-A. As I opened the door, faces of disappointment and shock stared right through me, burning holes in me. I pushed my way through to the back of the class. I looked around for an escape. "Todoroki?" I turned to see Midoriya. Before I could do anything, I was wrapped in a big hug. It had been so long since I had affection. Within an instance, the empty feeling was replaced by a warm bright one. I smiled. "Thank you Midoriya..."

I woke up in a strange room. I noticed a  tightly wrapped bandage around my hand, ribs and forearm. I slowly sat up. Sunlight poured through the slightly opened window. I must have slept through it all. CLICK. The door swung open and a tall brown haired doctor came in.

"Hello Todoroki. I see you're awake now. You have a broken hand and a few broken ribs but you're on the mend and you'll be back home in no time!"

"What do you mean back home?" My father tried to kill me! How could I go home?

"Well after your fall down the stairs it would be best to go home and rest."

Of course...It was the #2 hero vs me and my sister's word. I sat in silence and watched the doctor leave. I CAN'T GO HOME! I noticed a tray of food beside me. I just knocked it off the table into the trash. I need a cigarette...

————————————————————

A week had passed and I was sent home. School was starting in a few days and I decided to stay in my room and pretend I was revising for some made up test. That got rid of my father but Fuyumi started worrying for me.

"Shoto come on. I made your favourite!"called Fuyumi.

"No thanks I'm not hungry..." I mumbled.

I was starting to get increasingly skinny. My arms were dotted with fresh cuts and I couldn't even bear the word school. I just wanted to run away. School was one day away. One day until stress and increasingly bad depression.