Chapter 8

p.o.v. Hannah:

Simon and Caroline fought like professionals and won both their fights. I was so proud of them that night. My race started right after the last fight in the fight club. I was really nervous my competetors are really tough and they all have better cars than me and there's always a chance of getting caught by the police and that would mean either prison or just a fee but these fees are high as fuck and my brother and I don't have that much money. That's the main reason why I'm so nervous before every race.

Simon and Caroline arrived just in time. The race started at their arrival. My Mustang was tuned so I can drive faster than the normal speed. It was the car of my father. He gave it to me on my 14th birthday I know I was way too young for a car. He was always like that and as he gave me the car he taught me driving. He was a racer too. Sadly he died at a race in New York. He taught me everything about cars. He's always with me at my races and brings me all the luck of the world.

The route wasn't long, just one mile. I was on the first rank but right behind me was Dreamcatcher. She was a good racer but her technique was too simple. The finish line was right in front of me and I pressed the gas even harder. I speed over it and pressed the brake rapidly so I didn't drive into the spectators. Racing makes good money but most of it goes into my brother's college fees and my education.

At the finish line, Caroline and Simon ran to my car and ripped open the driver's door. They both congratulated me and I did the same.

We all were tired from the day and decided to go to Five Guys to eat some burgers. We all went inside and ordered the food we wanted. It smelled delicious and it also tasted marvellous. It could also be like this because we all were hungry like a bear who just woke up in spring.

C and I were both busy with eating our Cheeseburgers but I could see from the corner of my eye that Simon was lost in thoughts I didn't say anything until I finished my food.

"Simon are you okay. You seem to be on Mars."

"Ohh... I'm just lost in thoughts."

"We can tell.", Caroline said.

"I just can't stop thinking about the conversation with Cole."

"What happened? You know that you can tell us."

"He doesn't want to tell us. I already tried before the fight. It's hopeless."

"Well its never too late to try."

"I can't tell you. I had to promise."
"And you should know that you can tell us everything."

"Exactly! I mean who should we be telling?"

"I'm sure he thinks we will tell the plastics!"

Caroline and I burst out of laughing. Simon just sat there and looked at us as if we were aliens.

"I don't think you guys would tell them. It would break his trust in me if I told you."

"If you don't want to tell us it's fine. Just know that we're here. If you want to tell us."

"I know."

We stayed there for some time and talked about God and the world. Simon finally finished his food and we went home. We brought C home and then went to our home. Dylan was waiting for us like he always was when we had a race or a fight. He worries about Simon like he is his own brother. I went directly to bed and didn't talk much about the race. I had an early lesson the next day so I needed all the sleep I could have.

~~The next day in school~~

I walked through the hallways of the empty school. I didn't really have a lesson but it's the only time I could use the art room all alone.

When I pushed open the door to the art room I saw how Mika and her brother talked about something. I decided to leave the room again but it was too late. The door fell in lock with a loud bang and both looked at me.

"Hey..." I said not knowing what I should have said instead.

"Hey girl!" Mika answered me.

Cole just sat there quietly. I guessed he was mad that I interrupted their conversation. Mika rose her voice and said, "Sorry that we took your place we just needed a little time to talk. If you want you can just draw here."

"Thanks but I'll just wait outside so you guys can finish your conversation."

But then Cole spoke up, "You can draw here and we go out since it's your place."

"Thank you, Cole, really nice of you."

They left and I could finally draw in peace. It's my way of expressing my feelings and it helps me with thinking.

The school bell rang and it shook me out of my thoughts. I packed my bag and went to my classes.

All of my classmates were already in their seats. It was the most boring class. Physics. It's the only subject I hate.