Chapter Twenty Six

I am laying down on something hard, under the tips of my fingers I feel some kind of paper, when I wiggle it makes a cracking noise and in the distance I hear sounds of someone typing on a keyboard, together with some other noises but I don't know from what they are.

I open my eyes and look right into the harsh light coming from the lamp on the white ceiling, it hurts so I close my eyes again. After a couple of minutes I open them again but this time I look in front of me before I turn my head to the person who is moving besides me. It is the blonde nurse who is wearing the candy pink scrubs. She sees that my eyes are open, puts her hand on my shoulder and gives it a little squeeze then she smiles before she turns away.

"Doctor, she's awake." she says before she picks up the equipment to take my blood pressure. The nurse puts the cuff around my arm and starts to take my blood pressure and I hear heavy footsteps nearing us.

"Welcome back, Miss Williams." Doctor Alonso says when he comes in my view again. The blue dress shirt he was wearing earlier is now covered by a white lab coat.

"What happened?" I ask, my throat feels extremely dry. The doctor opens his mouth to answer my question but gets interrupted by the nurse who tells him my blood pressure, he just nods and then looks at me again.

"I was about to tell you the results of your blood test but before I got the chance you fainted. While you were out I examined you and everything looks fine. I think your blood pressure was probably on the high side because you were tense and then it suddenly dropped too low. If people are really stressed it is very common that they faint." Doctor Alonso explained.

"Is this a one time thing or something what will happen again?" I ask a little worried.

"Chances are high that it was just a one time thing because you were really nervous and stressed. You should always drink enough water because it helps to prevent syncope or fainting and you have to relax, don't overthink everything." I can't hold back a smile because that's exactly what Harry said when we were waiting.

"How are you feeling now? Your blood pressure is a little high but that probably is caused by all the excitement."

"I feel okay, maybe a little tired but other than that I don't feel bad." the doctor nods his head while he is listening.

"That's good, I suggest you to take your blood pressure two times a day and if you aren't feeling well so we can see the changes. Do this for two weeks and email it to my secretary so I can look at it but it's just a precaution, I'm pretty sure your blood pressure will go back to normal soon and it all just was because you were stressed but I assume everything is normal." I nod my head, making a note in my head that I have to go buy a blood pressure cuff on the way home.

"If you are feeling okay maybe you should try to sit up so we can see how that goes and then I can tell you your blood results." I nod and slowly sit up straight, the paper towel under my body makes a crackling noise. I thought I would be dizzy but I feel fine, Doctor Alonso is probably right and it was a one time thing.

"Are you still feeling good, Miss?" The doctor checks on me. I nod my head and give him a little smile.

"So your blood results." Alonso takes some documents from his desk and looks at me with serious eyes. A nervous feeling pops up in my belly, with a deep breath I try to make it go away while I press my hands on the hard table but it doesn't help.

" Erm... On the first sight your blood results are good, you only have a little vitamin D shortage but I guess if you stay here and expose your hands and forehead to the sun, every day for thirty minutes and maybe look online and see what foods are supplying vitamin D and try to build this into your diet. If you do that it will be solved very soon." that's the weirdest advice I ever had from a doctor. Often they say to stay out of the sun as much as possible.