EPILOGUE

1 Year Later...

She sat on the step, a mug of coffee in her hand, her breath leaving her mouth as little clouds of steam. The night had left a frost over the grass and the morning chill made her wrap her coat around her just that bit tighter. 

He sat beside her, his head resting on her shoulder. He fidgeted with a strand of her hair, aimlessly wasting time for no reason other than he could. He wasn't consumed by his past, just as she wasn't with hers. Together they'd seemed to start again.

"I think tomorrow I'll make some of that strawberry jam Beatrice showed me yesterday," Grace said, her hand resting on Erik's thigh. He hummed in response. "That means you can make us some bread to go with the jam."

"Whatever you say," he said smiling. He lifted his head off her shoulder and wrapped an arm around her waist. 

"If that's the case, I'd like a castle, a unicorn and two million dollars," she grinned. He chuckled.

"Isn't that a bit greedy?"

"You said 'whatever I say', which means whatever I say."

"Stop twisting my words," he grumbled making her laugh. She leaned into him, letting out a sigh.

"I love you," she whispered, resting her chin on his shoulder and looking up into his eyes. The corners of his mouth curled into a smile and he placed a kiss on her nose.

"I love you too."