Part 11

~~~
Y/n slept on her back, her face twisted away from me, looking towards the wolf that blended into the darkness like an assassin waiting for it's order to kill. Small snores left the creatures mouth, the only thing that calmed me.
I slid the blanket off of her, watching her intensly, hoping I wasn't going to wake her. Her night gown was rolled around on her body, catching on a few of the bones that were still too visible through her skin. I picked up the corner and rolled it up, just so I could see her wydrmark scar. I can't believe that is were I had put my sword tip during our battle today, and I can't believe at that was the place she chose to leave open to me. It was like she had been asking to be stabbed again. I could still feel the slickness of her blood as she had slipped in my hands, hear the screams as Korgan had pressed her sword to her wound, yelling at her to save herself.
The nightmare of me driving that black handled dagger into her still came to me when I slept, not as frequent thankfully, but it was there, haunting me.

I had a sudden urge to shake her, wake her up and confess everything. That I had killed that beast of a man back at Cithrí, that I stopped her letters getting to Rowan and his to her, and most of all tell her she had magic. It was becoming so much more apparent within her, first the wolf, then when we had had sex. It had felt like she was going to break my cock, she was so powerful and she didn't even notice it. Back in Cithrí she would never have been able to hold half the swings I had made at her today, yet now she did like it was nothing.

I pulled her night gown back down, my hand running over her skin, down to her thigh where her other scar lay - the one Rowan had laid to her during their training as children. Despite her flaws she was so perfect as she lay in my bed, I ran a finger over her abdomen, above the band of her underwear. This was where I believed a woman's uterus was - my anatomy was fairly shocking so it may have not been.
I dreamed of it being full one day, with a little girl who had the same long dark hair as y/n, and the same beautiful smile. That was the day I aimed for, the one I argued with Rowan for. As soon as I got his blessing I would put a ring on y/n, marry her so we could be together for eternity. She was the only woman I would ever love no matter what my father said, or the king or Rowan.

She stirred, mumbling and twisting on the matress, I snatched the blanket back up, covering her up again.
"Chaol?" She whispered, her eyes like stars in the darkness.
"Yes princess?" I asked moving closer.
"Are you all right?" Her voice was weary, and I doubted she would remember this, she rarely did when she talked in a sub- conscious state.
I ran my hand through her hair, laying it neatly on the pillow around her. "Yes, just restless."
She rested her hand on my chest and sunk back into the world of dreams.