Optic Nerve Blocking: On

It had been a few weeks after Jeremy had gotten out of the hospital, he now had a squad and a girlfriend. He was perfectly content with his life, except there was a problem. Michael had been a bit off.

Whenever someone from the Squip Squad approached Jeremy, Michael would turn the other way and leave. At first, Jeremy didn't mind, he knew Michael wasn't a big fan of social interaction. But soon, Jeremy started noticing that he'd been avoiding him as well.

Sometimes when Jeremy called his name Michael carried on walking, ignoring his friend. Jeremy felt Michael pull away a little bit more every day, he felt guilty since he knew he'd been spending less time with the boy now that he finally had other friends.

The first few weeks Jeremy tried to introduce Michael to the squad, so that they could all hang out together, but Michael always left while no one was watching, so Jeremy took the hint and stopped asking him to join them.

"Hey, Chris, have you seen Michael?" He gave his girlfriend a peck on the cheek. She shook her head.

"No, Jer, I'm sorry." She pecked him back, and then focused on a figure behind him. "Wait isn't that him?" She pointed towards Michael. He was talking with a boy, who then proceeded to give him a roll of money.

Michael smiled in a flirting manner and kissed the boys cheek. Jeremy felt his stomach sink.

"Wow, that's a lot of money, don't you think?" Christine asked.

"Yeah," Jeremy said in a breathy manner. Still staring at the boys.

He quickly shut his locker and made his way toward the pair. "Hey, Michael," he called out the boy's name.

Michael, upon hearing his name, saw Jeremy and took off, grabbing the other boy's hand. Clearly avoiding Jeremy.

As he disappeared into the hallway Jeremy turned around with a hurt expression and saw Christine giving him a concerned one.

Both of them were confused.

Jeremy was dwelling over what he could've done to upset Michael, but he knew that this wasn't the way that his best friend dealt with problems.

If he had an issue he would express it, there was never a time where the boy held in his feelings if he was upset. Michael thought it was stupid, "If you have a problem, there's no point in keep it in. Just say what's wrong and fix it," he'd say, tilting his head upwards and holding his index finger up, Jeremy would always giggle at the boy.

After school, Brooke had asked Jeremy to help her out, she wanted to get a new pair of shoes but she had trouble deciding which pair to buy.

Jeremy agreed to join her when he was promised some Pinkberry, plus, he could use the distraction.

They had just sat down, ready to eat their Froyo after almost an hour of looking at shoes, when Brooke's phone rang. "Oh, it's Chloe," she chirped. "I have to answer this." Jeremy gave a small smile as the blonde girl stood up to answer the call.

"Ah! Son of a bitch!" Jeremy heard someone say loudly. He looked around and saw a familiar boy a few meters away sitting on the floor and holding his head.

Jeremy stood up and made his way towards the Filipino. "Michael?" He asked as he reached the boy.

Michael looked up, squinting, he saw Jeremy and returned to his original position, which was curled up while holding his head.

"What do you want, Jeremy?" Michael replied in a serious tone.

Jeremy hadn't heard Michael's voice in quite some time, he felt his heart skip a beat. "I, uh, why have you been avoiding me?" Jeremy decided to fix things with the boy.