twenty two ➻〝dad〞

(back to present)

❝jaehyun you monster! stop hiding and face me!❞ donghyuck shouted right after getting inside the devil's palace.

doyoung, who decided to go with donghyuck in the end as he was scared that something bad might happen to the young angel, panicked after hearing him shout right after entering the palace.

❝oh my, well look at my lovely visitor, come in.❞ jaehyun's voice echoed around the empty hallway and donghyuck didn't hesitate to go and find his father.

once they found where jaehyun is, donghyuck took a step forward and locked eyes with the older. ❝where's minhyung?❞ the young boy calmly asked.

jaehyun then raised a brow at how calm donghyuck became. earlier he was shouting for him to show himself and the next second, when he finally found him, he's being all nice and calm. it's as if nothing happened.

❝i'll repeat, where is my minhyung.❞ donghyuck empathized each of his words while still acting all calm.

❝his family went here earlier and took him.❞

and donghyuck knew very well that the older was lying. he raised a brow and crossed his arms and took another step forward. ❝oh really?❞ jaehyun nodded.

alright then, two can play this game. ❝then father, can you tell me where my future in-laws lives?❞ donghyuck asked while trying his best to contain his laughter to himself. jaehyun was taken aback by his sudden question and his face expression is so funny that donghyuck can't help but just burst out laughing.

❝you should've seen your face you monster! i know minhyung, he'll never go back to his family. he hates them for abandoning him.❞

donghyuck then felt someone from his behind poking his back, he turned around and was met by doyoung. ❝donghyuck, i think it's best if we go back now. i'm sure your papa is looking for you.❞ the older whispered quietly and it made donghyuck frown and tilts his head a little as he was confused on how doyoung knew about his relationship with taeyong.

❝taeyong hyung is my brother.❞

❝whatever you say, let's just get out of here.❞ doyoung said and started dragging donghyuck out of the palace.

❝i'm going to find my minhyung whether you like it or not, dad!❞ donghyuck shouted before getting completely dragged out from the palace.

❝d-did he just called me...❞ jaehyun can't help it but have a huge smile plastered on his face.

❝he just called me dad!'❞

❝i'm back!❞ donghyuck shouted while removing his shoes and putting them on the shoe rack right after.

and donghyuck didn't waste any second to go and run inside the living room and greet his papa, whom he missed so much even if they were just together hours ago. it felt like years passed after getting out from jaehyun's realm.

❝haechan!❞ the said boy was engulfed in a warm fatherly tight hug right after setting foot inside the living room.

donghyuck raised a brow and saw his papa looking at them while sipping his tea by the couch. "who?" he mouthed at the older.