The Past

Betty's Pov

Right now I'm admiring myself in the mirror on my vanity. My hair is up in my famous ponytail, I'm dressed in a pair of light blue, skinny jeans, a pink tee, and pink converse. I glance over, out my window, into Archie's to see him flexing his non-existent muscles. I giggled and shook my head.

Alice- Betty, hurry you'll be late for your first day!

Betty- Coming!

I grabbed my floral chambray bag, slung it over my shoulder and raced down the stairs.

Betty- Morning mom

Alice- Morning honey...Oh don't you look divine. Are you ready for 8th grade?

Betty- As ready as I'll ever be

Alice- Ok and you'll have to take the bus today, I'm leaving now. Bye, I love you

Betty- Bye, I love you too

My mom walked out the door so I had to make myself breakfast. I had cereal. A few minutes later I left for the bus stop. I got to the stop and waited a minute or two. This will be my first time riding a bus so I don't know what to expect. Seconds later the bus pulled up and I slowly walked up the stairs and walked down the aisle. The kids were jumping up and down, acting crazy. There were no seats, until I noticed a spot next to a boy, engulfed in a book. He was in the last seat.

Betty- Can I sit with you?

He looked up from his book and his eyes went wide. He stared for a few seconds then vigorously nodded his head. I sat and he went back to his book, I glance at him and his face was my favorite shade of pink. I studied him, he wore a grey tee, black jeans, had black sneakers, and wore a grey crowned beanie on his head. I couldn't help but notice how cute he was.

Betty- Um hi, I'm Betty Cooper

I said turning my body towards him.

Jughead- Uh h-hi, I'm Jughead Jones

He said his name timidly. I smiled

Betty- I like your name it's...interesting

Jughead- Thanks, normally people pick on me and say it's weird

Betty- Well that's just mean and totally not true

Jughead- I appreciate it

He smiled, oh how his smile was adorable. I blushed and looked at his book. The title hidden from his hand.

Betty- Whatcha reading?

Jughead- The Notebook

He said timidly again

Betty- I love that book

Jughead- Really?

He got excited. I giggled and he blushed.

Betty- Ready... "It was real, wasn't it? You and me. Such a long time ago, we were just a couple of kids. But we really loved each other, didn't we?

Jughead- Wow...

He smiled and stared into my eyes like he was in love with me. I scooted closer to him.

Betty- You're adorable

Jughead- You're gorgeous

Betty- I know

I flipped my ponytail and giggled. He chuckled.

Jughead- I love your giggle, it's cute

I blushed and whispered a thanks. He looked back at his book and I saw a curl of his dark hair fall from his beanie. Hm? Should I? First lets think of a nickname...JugBug? No Jug? Not quite Juggy? Yes, Juggy

Betty- Juggy?

He smiled and kept his eyes on the book.

Jughead- Yes Betts?

I smiled and blushed at his nickname for me. I slowly moved my hand towards his beanie and picked it up off his head. I took my hand and put it on his chin slowly turning his head toward me. I slowly pushed back his curl and re-placed his beanie back on his head. His face was a dark shade of red.

Betty- Juggy your hair is so soft, I love it

I giggled.

Jughead- Thanks Betts, but don't take my beanie off when there is other around, only when it's just us, ok?

Betty- Ok, sorry I just couldn't help it

I looked down. He put his hand under my chin and lifted my head. The next thing I knew his soft lips were on mine. I was tense at first but relaxed and kissed back. After he pulled away the sensational feeling of happiness I felt faded. He put his hand around my waist and pulled me close to him. He moved his arm and slung it around my shoulders and I leaned my head on his shoulder as he read aloud from his book.

Jughead- "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday."

I giggled and he continued.

*Present*

Betty- And that's how I remember it

I smiled up at my boyfriend of 10 years, as we lay, cuddling, on our couch.

Jughead- I should've said you were stunning, but gorgeous worked then and it still does now

Betty- I know

I flipped my ponytail and giggled, he chuckled.

Jughead- Your giggle is still cute

I reached up and kissed his still soft lips, but this time with more passion and love than the first. We re centered our attention to the TV and continued watching The Notebook.

Jughead- I love you, Betts

Betty- I love you Juggy

A/N: This is not proof read, so sorry for any mistakes I may have made.

831 words not including this. Hope you enjoyed, If you have any suggestions let me know.