chapter 17

Kelly's POV

I think I can honestly say that my love for this man just grew by at least fifty percent. I can already see him as a dad; helping our children get back up after they've fallen.

After Justin's speech Austin decided that he should go try and explain what she saw.

A couple hours later and I'm chilling out in the hut with Justin awaiting Austin arrival and playing a lovely game of twenty one questions.

"Where were you born?"

"Basically on a ship bit if you mean state-wise I was on a small farm in Austin, Texas. Same question."

"I was actually born in Manchester, Jamaica."

"Your joking!"

"Nope. Now what do you mean by basically on a ship?"

"Cause by mom died when I was young and my dad always loved boats.
So after she died we moved onto the boat that my dad bought. Before she died dad was always on his boat so whenever I wanted to see him I had to go to the boat and I always ended up sleeping over. Tell me more about Jamaica."

"That's technical not a question." I laughed.

"You know what I mean. But how did end up in the US of A?"

"A scholarship. Jamaica's cool and all but if you don't have money you are going to suffer. The beaches are lit and awesome but most of the time I only go once a year. The people are partially fine. The children are mean and fake as hell. The schools always and I mean always play favorites but doesn't that happen everywhere? There is one thing that Jamaica has over most, maybe even all of the countries in this terrible world: we are united. Despite and above every thing I just said if something was to happen to someone we know, whether or not you like the person, we all pay condolences to family and friends and we try to help. My mother, for example, attends every funeral service possible and shows love. So above all the crime, cool beaches and economy the best part of Jamaica is the love of the people when needed."

"Wow! I have to come back now!"

"You went to Jam down?"

"Yep! And it was pretty lit. My turn."

"What?"

"I believe so. Now say some thing in Jamaican."

"You mean patios? And again not a question."

"K. Can you please say something in patios?"

"Mi caan bada. Lef mi no. Cho!"

"What the hell was that?"

"So now you ask a damn question? That was patios. It means 'I cannot bother.'' Leave me alone.' And 'Cho' is an exclamation."

"Wow!"

"Can we move on to another game please?"

I'm getting really annoyed with all this talk about my Jamaican past. That isn't the safest path to travel down. Especially for my emotional system. I absolutely refuse to go back to that girl. She was weak and stupid. I worked way,way too hard to bury that side of me for it to come clawing back up the surface and I am positive that if we continue she will come back up.

"Just on mo.."

"I'm screwed."

Yes! I have no idea in God's earth how I'm going to thank him for ending that conversation but thank you so much Austin.

"She hates me."

"I'm sure your just over exaggerating."

"Yea just let me go talk to her."