After dinner, we drove home. When I fall into my bed. I heard a notification sound from my phone. I looked over my phone. When I go through the notification, there is another rejection mail from UC Berkeley. I knew it this is gonna happen. But not so fast. I am not worrying now instead I didn't care about my rejection. I was happy about I accepted my parents offer. I opened my wardrobe and confused about what to wear for tomorrow. I hear a knock at my door. I turned to see who is that. Amy is standing with a pillow and blanket.
" Hey. I thought I disturbed you " she said.
" No. I think you can help me to select what to wear for tomorrow" I replied.
When we surrounded by my dress, I Said her about the rejection from UC Berkeley. He consoled me on her best advice. She is wiser than others.
At last we selected the black shift dress with collar and long sleeves.
" I know this will be perfect for tomorrow." She grinned at me.
" It is " I smiled at her.
We fall to sleep by talking. When I wake up, she is not near me. I checked her room she is not there and it was clean. I thought she leave without saying me goodbye.
I rushed to the living room and found her packed bags which sensed me she still here. I hear her voice outside so I went out to check her. She was sitting on the floor and petting Scooby on her lap.she is gently moving her hand and fingers in the same direction the fur lies.
" Probably he gonna miss this for next morning," I said.
" No. He will not. You will take him " she replied.
" I don't do like you "
" You are better than me "
" You win," I said.
I approached my Mom to go to a restaurant before she leaves. I know this is weird. Every time she leaves to Stanford I make myself a reason to avoid it. Cause she is not only my sister and she is also my best friend. Her absence makes me cry and everyone in my home knows that so no one offended including Amy. Before I leave, my Mom gave me some keys and bills. Amy wishes me luck with her beautiful smile. She pinned me shirt collar brooch on my both collar and gave me the car keys. Instead, I gave her my best hug.
" You are the most beautiful girl in the world," she said.
" You are, " I said and hugged her again.
" What about me? " Aly questioned.
" And of course you are "  I grinned.
" Whoa. Why are you dress like this? Don't say me that you are going to Stanford with your sis" she shouts.
" No. Our parents hired me in the restaurant " I replied.
" It sounds like you are my boss now " she smirked.
" Of course she is " Amy interrupted.
" Please catch me before I faint " she acted.
" By the way,                          Congrats for your admission in UCLA," Amy said.
" Thanks,  Amy. I wish I will be your sister. See yourself spending time family and friends. Especially taking care of your sister. But on the other hand, Lucas doesn't care about me. He always caress about spooning his girlfriends in Texas" Aly hesitates.
   Lucas was Alyssa's elder brother but more than he was Amy's boyfriend once in Highschool. He is the first and last of Amy's boyfriend. But no one knows why they broke up but Amy decided to live her college life alone and focused on her studies. Though Lucas dating every girl around him in Texas. He is one of the popular kid at Texas A&M University. He got a Full scholarship in Texas and so he joined there.
  When I see Amy's face become the face, I have to distract her from Lucas's thoughts. Cause I know Lucas doesn't even think about her but she feels the same till now for Lucas. She still loves him.
" How is your brother? He didn't appear for your college admission " Amy's asked.
" Yup. He only shows up here for Christmas because of my mother's compulsion " Aly replied."
" Oh, poor Alyssa. Shall we leave now? This is my first day and doesn't want to be late " I shout and Everyone ends with a laugh.
    In a driving way, I confronted Aly not to talk about Lucas in front of Amy. She apologized to me.
" Do you know why they broke up? " I asked.
" I am still wondering about it," she said.
" Amy still loving Lucas " I sighed.
" I know. But Lucas doesn't deserve Amy. One day I am sure that Lucas will regret what he did to me Amy " she said in anger.
    When I reached the restaurant, we stopped talking because it's working time. Our head cook Ronnie wished me and he said that My father told about my hiring to everyone who works here. The new relieved my fear. Everything settled around caused I already worked here. I remembered every instruction of my mother. First thing, we have to check the reservations list. Aly helped me in arrangements. The timing is moving so fast then I think. When the time is 12:30 pm, my parents came to the restaurant. I think probably Amy left to Stanford.
" Kids. I think it's a lunch break. Enjoy yourself" my dad said.
" Not now dad. I making a list of customers. " I hesitate.
But my dad pushed me out with Aly to enjoy lunch and My Mom gave me her card.
" So you both have a one hour break. Refresh yourself. " My Mom said.
  We went Monty crunchies and ordered two hamburger, French fries, and two colas. We sit opposite each other. We enjoyed our lunch with gossip talks. Suddenly a question raised between us.
" Why we are still single? "
" You first, said Aly.
" Probably s incident "  I sighed.
" What about you?I know a few boys in our grades including some seniors proposed you. Don't try to lie to me. " I concluded.
" Yeah. But I Said know No to them. Because I don't want you to feel alone. Especially when your sister moved to Stanford for college, I decided myself committed with you " Aly said.
She holds me hand squeezes which makes me warm.
   When we leave I opened my purse to take my mom's card but Aly pulls the cards and she paid for the food with her card.
" You can use your mom's card after I leave at UCLA. Understand? " She confronted and returned the card to me. I shake my head twice which makes both of us laugh. I realized that Aly will be moved to UCLA in a few weeks and then I will be alone.
   We even didn't notice a week past after Amy left which makes both of us tryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Now we have only one or two weeks to spend together. So we promised ourselves not to waste a single minute by worrying. We work and when we go break, we run to every to place around. Sometimes she makes me sneaking out of my window in the t for aa drive. And I don't offend her and we have to sleep us at my place and sometimes on her place.
  We got free time in the restaurant, actually a couple of customers. So we started talking about our childhood days.  I told that I know about her first kiss. Everyone can see the horror in her face. It was in our sophomore year. In summer, Lucas warned every boy in the school not to try to hang out with me and Aly. If one does, he will break their faces. Everyone afraid of Lucas cause he was smart enough, strong, handsome and especially he was football and basketball captain of our school, also he is an Athlete. And we found out Lucas and Amy were separated. And that year, Lucas and Amy moved for their college. That year, I saw Aly was kissed by Mike Twill, who was in our grades. He is also football captain like Lucas. I think this the only reason for his brave step toward Aly and kissed her in the empty hallway in our school but it's not an empty hallway, I was searching for Aly and found about the kiss. But I never expected that from Aly. She pushed the brave Mike on the floor and make quick run away from Mike. Poor Mike tried to apologize Aly but she ignored him.
  " How did you ... Know about... That? " She stutterss.
" I was searching for you and caught you when Mike kissed you. " I replied.
" I tried to tell you about it. But the next day, you smiled when Mike wawalkskss acrosssssssssSo I thought you have a crush on him. So I can't able to tell you about it. I am sorry "
" Don't feel sorry and I don't have a crush on Mike Twill. And I am not smiled, I laughed when Mike walk across us because I remembered you pushed and ran away like a little girl from him " I laughed.
"Really? I misunderstood everything around me and I am so scared for a long time "
" Girls, we got a whole restaurant was reserved tomorrow evening for a party. So be prepared " My Mom interrupted.
" It's great news, Mom. We will make arrangements for the party. You don't need to worry about it. I will inform to Ronnie " I confessed.
  " Oh no," Aly sighed.