chapter 18

chapter 18

                I woke up the next morning with a horrid processor ache and Ironhide gone to his post.  I groaned as I walked to the medical bay.

                "Good morning, Static.  Recharge well?" Ratchet asked as he looked at something on his monitor.

                "Yeah.  I need ya to look at my processor.  I think one of the bolts came loose or somethin.  It's killin me."  He immediately stopped what he was doing and came over.

                "Lie on the berth."  I did as the doctor said and he used the light on his chest to light up my head.  "It's definitely loose," he said as he poked the bolt.  I hissed in pain.  "Sorry.  Let me just get my wrench and I'll tighten it up."  He walked over to a table and picked up one of his smaller wrenches.  He came back and tightened the bolt.  I sighed in relief when he was done. 

                "Thanks, Ratchet."

                "Any time.  Are you going to go train with your ability now?"

                "I am.  Where's Jolt?"

                "He's resting.  Like myself, he refused to recharge until something happened with you," he realized what he said and threw his hand over his mouth.

                "So you're telling me that you two haven't recharged for a solid month?!  Ratchet, get your aft to your quarters right now!"

                "But what if-"

                "No one will need medical assistance today.  No one is on a mission.  If some bot has something minor going on, they can suck it up and deal with it.  If any bot dares to try to come talk to you, they are going to have to go through me first.  I don't care if it's Optimus or even Primus himself!  I'm gonna have my scanners on red alert the whole time I'm out there training.  If anyone so much as even thinks about coming to bother you, I'll be over here faster than you can throw a wrench at Sideswipe!  Now go on!  Get outta here!"  I waved my hands at him in a shooing motion.  He backed up and put up his hands in defence.

                "I'm going, I'm going!  Don't blow a gasket!"  I watched my radar as he walked out and made sure he went to his quarters.  Once I was satisfied, I came out of the med bay and locked the doors.

                I transformed and made my way to the most remote part of the island.  I forgot about all the fragging sand that was out here.  I was going to feel it later.  Ugh.  I charged up my hands and turned towards a tree.

                "Alright.  Let's figure out how to do this," I said to myself.  I remembered what the lightning looked like.  I imagined myself doing that with my electricity.  Nothing.  "Fire!"  Nothing.  "Slag it all!  How do you do this?!"  I looked at my hands.  "Hmm."  I faced my hands towards the tree and gently tried pushing to electricity out of them.  A blue streak of electricity shot out two feet.  "More force needed."  I used a regular push that required about as much effort as it would take for a human to pull out a chair from underneath a table.

                "Hey, Static!"  I spun around mid push.  Sideswipe ducked as the electricity went right over his head while he was still ducking.  If he hadn't ducked, he would be dead right now.  Then I'd bring him back just to kill him again for being so careless.