chapter 27

Chapter 27

                I went back to base, which was considerably closer thanks to the drive to the warehouse.  I found all of my Autobots in our main hangar.  Ironhide, as told, was fixing the hole.  The twins were cleaning the mess.  Ratchet was supervising.

                "How in the Pit did you manage to blow a fragging hole in the roof?!" I yelled.  The twins, who were the only ones not expecting me, jumped ten feet in the air.  They quickly spun around and smiled nervously.  "Well?!"

                "We were, uh, trying to hang streamers," Sideswipe said.  "I asked Sunstreaker something without any warning.  He thought I was still gone to get more decorations.  His hand transformed to his blaster on instinct.  And then, um, boom."

                I pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to keep myself from getting stressed out.

:Don't get too angry.  It was only an accident,: Ironhide said through the bond.  With it, he sent a wave of love and calmness.

                I looked up to see Ironhide and the others watching me.  "Idiots," I mumbled.  "Just finish cleaning this up," I said louder.  I then turned around and walked towards the med bay.  This was the only place I could concentrate.  It was peaceful and calming.  I walked in and laid on the berth.  I put my arm over my optics. 

                A few moments later, Ratchet entered.  I felt him look at me and scan me.  After a minute, he turned to his computer.  I was thankful that he didn't try to make conversation.  He knew just how stressed I was.

                I had apparently fallen asleep, because I was awoken by an alarm.  I bolted upright on the berth.  Ratchet was already on it.

                "What is it?" I asked as I turned the alarm off.  "What's happened?"

                "Something's wrong with Drift's ship," he replied.  "I set the system to tell us if something happened to it."

                "See if you can still communicate with them.  We need to see what's happened.  Pull up a satellite image of their ship as well," I commanded.

                He nodded and began the tasks.  "You should be able to communicate with them if their transmitter is still functioning."

                I pushed the button.  "Autobot base to Autobot ship.  Do you read?"  Nothing.  I tried again.  "Autobot base to Autobot ship. Do you read?"  This time, there was static.  I released the button and looked at the screen.  "We're not picking up anything.  Do you think they are even receiving any communication?"  I looked at the image he had just then pulled up.  Their ship was fully intact, save for a fresh, large dent on the front.  It seemed to be moving smoothly.  A message suddenly popped up on the screen.  It was a transmission from the ship written in Cybertronian.  Ratchet quickly opened it up.

Static Prime,

                A small piece of a meteor hit our ship.  Our transmitter was damaged in the impact.  Hound is currently working on repairing it. We received both of your attempts to contact us, however, we cannot currently speak back.   We are all fine and functional.  However, we have been knocked off of our course.  We are now set to land in the Mojave Desert in Nevada.  I apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause you, your troops, and allies.  On the bright side, we will still land, or perhaps crash at this point (The landing gear was completely destroyed.), at the same time as previously planned.  I ask that you send confirmation when or if you receive this message.  We are not sure whether transmissions will go through.