Nice Noods, Dude

CHAPTER SUMMARY:
Killua must BEEF UP mentally and physically to prepare his body for the experience of a lifetime. 

______

Killua dropped his forehead on the note table attached to his lecture hall seat. An entire two days had passed and Killua was back in OChem with a Freecss Complex the size of Canada. He really couldn't fathom a reality in which Wednesday was real, and that he, Killua Zoldyck, agreed to become "Gym Buddies" with Yorknew's star running back.

As if he could even keep up with a Yorknew University athlete. Yorknew was a nationally accredited Division I university with the stats to prove their worth. Their athletes were the best in the game, and the fact that they were known to put exclusively seniors on the field made Freecss' all the more of a celebrity. A freshmen on the team holding his own against massive, beefy, hulking biceps and thighs. The lead quarterback, Knuckle Bine, had a pair of thighs that caused earthquakes in San Francisco and tsunamis in the Indian Ocean.

And Killua certainly didn't know this because he had fantasized about having his head annihilated by them.

Just as Killua brought his head up to hit against the desk for a third time, someone's knuckle rapped on the surface. Killua stared vacantly at closed notebook. Out of the corner of his eye, Zushi leant over into his vision.

"Hey... big guy... how're you holdin' up?" Zushi said as he took his seat. He sat on the edge of it, though, all of his attention and energy seeping into Killua's direction like the tendrils of a vicious beast, grinning smugly at him from the shadows.

He glowered at Zushi.

Zushi (bless his heart) offered an almost-pitiful grimace as he nodded in "understanding" and said, "That bad, huh?"

"I haven't slept in two days," Killua said. It was an exaggeration, but it was a direct reference to how he felt as a human being, existing in a bag of flesh, at that very moment.

Zushi gestured to his eyes and said, "I can... I can tell. You've got, uh, bags under your eyes today."

"It's my immune system rejecting this situation," Killua said, slumping back in his seat. He put his fingers to the bridge of his nose and sighed. "He's your roommate."

"We would have known this sooner had you just told me his name—" Zushi said.

Just past Zushi, Killua caught sight of Kurapika climbing the stairs. Once again, Kurapika stopped at the sight of them, and then at what they had managed to overhear from the situation. Kurapika hurried over, backpack swinging off of their shoulders and onto the floor behind Killua's chair.

"What happened? Why does Killua look like death incarnate?" Kurapika demanded.

Zushi cleared his throat as he prepared for the delivery of the best punchline of Killua's joke of a life. "Mystery Starbucks guy?"

"Yeah?"

"My roommate."

Kurapika fell back into their seat. They stared at Zushi, completely stunned. They put a hand to their heart and said, "You've done it. You've officially killed me."

"You're tellin' me," Killua huffed. "I've been dead for two days. This is just my ghost talking."

Kurapika leant forward to hiss, "Your roommate's Gon Freecss. As in, thee guy. The Guy who made the field as a freshmen. Didn't he get, like, a full-ride scholarship to Ohio State?"