Chapter 3: The Audition

/Sorry it's been awhile since I last updated, I'm going to try to update more frequently now :)/

Roger's POV
I sat on the bench looking out at the sunrise thinking about what Brian had said. 'You know what else is beautiful?'
Ugh, I'm going crazy. He wasn't talking about me, I'm just overthinking everything.
I looked down at my watch and checked the time. 7:04. I should probably head back and get ready for the audition.

I got up off the bench and headed in the direction of my dorm. Once I arrived I saw Mike still asleep. I closed the door trying not to wake him and headed over to my desk. I pulled the chair out from under the desk quietly and plopped down in it. I had just under an hour until the audition. I wonder how many people are gonna show up? What if Tim doesn't like me? These thoughts were circulating around in my head for a while.

Soon, 7:45 rolled around and it was time to head to the audition. I may as well be early, I want to make a good impression on this Tim guy. I grabbed my drumsticks and headed out the door. I walked down the path towards the building that first met Brian. I smiled just thinking about him, knowing that I'd get to see him again.
I opened the door to the building and walked down the halls to the practice rooms. When I got there, there was a small line up of people outside the door. Although, there was only about 5 people lined up, I was still a bit nervous. I knew I had an advantage against all the other people since I met Brian before hand, but, like, what if there's one REALLY good drummer. I'm just hoping there isn't.

Brian's POV
"Alright, it's about 8:00, we may as well start." I heard Tim say behind me.
"Yeah, alright I'll let them know." I walked over to the door and opened it. I peeked my head through and smiled when I saw Roger standing at the end.
"Ok, we're all set up. We can have whoever's first come in."
A tall lanky redhead stepped forward and I led him into the room. He shook hands with me and Tim and introduced himself, his name was Martin. I gestured over to the drum kit and he sat down. I walked over to Tim and sat down beside him on one of those plastic fold up chairs.
"Whenever your ready." Tim said trying to sound as professional as possible.
The man started playing. I mean, he wasn't bad. But he wasn't as good as Roger. I doubt anyone would be as good as Roger.

We listened to about 4 different drummers and none of them were a good fit. I was just patiently waiting for Roger.
"Ok so where's this Roger kid?" Tim whispered. God, it was like he could read my mind.
"Oh, he should be next." I said, remembering the place he stood in the line.
"Alright, Next person you can come in now." Tim yelled loud enough so the people outside the door could hear.
I smiled at Roger as he walked and he smiled back. He walked up to both of us and shook our hands.
"Hi, I'm Roger Taylor." Roger said in his cute, soothing voice.
"Oh yes, I've heard a lot about you, Taylor. Why don't you sit down and show me what you've got." Tim said in a confident voice.
Roger took a seat on the drum throne and looked up at me in almost a signal to go. I smiled and nodded at him and he started playing. And, boy, did he ever play good. He was so concentrated on his drumming, it was quite cute. But he did look sort of oblivious to how good he really was. I smiled once again and then looked over at Tim to see what his reaction was. I grinned when I saw a slight smile on his face.

Soon, Roger finished and was awaiting a reaction. All Tim did was nod, but that was just him trying to keep a poker face.
"Nice job, Roger. You can wait outside and we'll give you an update in about... 2 minutes." Tim said as he motioned to the door causing Roger to leave.
"So..." I said as soon as the door was shut .
"Man, he's great." Tim said.
"So he's in, Right?" I said in a half question, half statement tone.
"Well..." Tim said raising the pitch in his voice.
"Oh come on," I interrupted. "He was the best one their, everyone else was basically trash."
"Oh, I know, I know, I'm just messin' with ya. He's in."
I smiled as I heard that come from his mouth.

We then walked out the door and announced who was in. I gave a slight wink to Roger before we said it. And he smiled.
"Alright, we just want to let you know that you all did a fantastic job and we are reall—"
"Alright, alright Brian whatever just get on with it." Tim interrupted.
I rolled my eyes and continued. "Ok, so we would like to welcome...Roger Taylor into our band."