Chapter 19

Jake's pov

3 weeks ago (when Jake left Alex)

I hated having to leave Alex, but i got a call from one my men saying they received a package that i needed to see. i hated the thought if having to leave her alone but im sure she can handle her self for a few hours while i take care of some buisness.

when i arrived at the office, my men gave me the package, it had pictures, all of alex, pictures of her in her apartment from through the window and some pictures of her just walking down the street.

Who the hell would dare go near her?!

A note was on the back of one of the pictures.

What would happen to the king if he lost his queen?

-your old friend, carter James.

I knew what this meant, he was going to hurt her like i did his wife a long time ago, but that was different, she was a horrible person who ruined my family, she was the reason my parents are dead.

"big brother! where you at!!! this place is so damn big, i hate these big places i wish i could live in a dog house sometimes..." i hear the constant ramble that i know to well.

My brother

He stumbles into the room, he's such a dumb ass sometimes. He's in charge of some businesses i have there, i'm the head in charge of them, but he makes sure they run smoothly.

"what are you doing here, jonas" i asked.

"i needed a break and i heard you needed some help, i heard my big mean brother is in looooovve" he sings the last word.

"whats her name again? alex??" he says trying to piss me off.

"its alexis to you!" i groaned.

"okay i get your in love but these pictures are a little creepy, even for you brother" he says chuckling.

"when are you going to grow up" i asked him getting angry.

"i am grown up, i woke up before 9 this morning and showered" he said all proud of himself for no reason.

"oh well please wait so i can get you a prize" i said sarcastically.

"bitch" he grunted.

"cunt"

"dick!" he shouted.

"okay! we are off topic, someone is threatening Alex, i need to fix this"  i said

"you should probably stay away from her, keep your distance until we get everything sorted and then we can have a big white wedding for you and the future mrs black" he says.

don't hit him, don't hit him, DON'T HIT HIM. i keep repeating to myself.

We had a meeting with all my men, we are trying to figure out what to do next, the only thing i can really do right now is stay away from her, its the only way i can ensure she wont get hurt, people will be checking up on her, she wont be needed into work for a while until i have everything figured out. The only thing i can focus on is keeping her safe but being away from her is killing me. I should never had involved her in any of this, if i had of just kept it professional this wouldn't have happened.

1 week later

she has texted and called a few times but i haven't answered them, she probably thinks she did something wrong and its her fault. i hate to do this to her.

I haven't been working much, mostly drinking, my brother has been doing a lot of work, he has also been trying to make me feel better but it wasn't working, he even got me a stripper, the second she tried to touch me i felt even more repulsed. what is Alex seen me or thought i was with a stripper. what would she think? would she even care anymore? shes probably confused, one minute im asking her to move in with me then im totally ignoring her.

the night we spent together was the best time ive ever had in my life ive replayed it over and over in my head.

i keep think about how much she must be hurt about that aswell, thinking i dont want her or care about her, i swear when this is all fixed im locking her in my house and shes never leaving me.

I cant get her out of my fucking head.

present

i cant believe my brother getting involved like this, talking to her, flirting with her, he knows how special she is to me. im so close to killing him.

i hated how i treated her but i needed to make sure people around us knew we were over and i didn't care about her when she actually was the most important person in my life.

i called Jonas and he didn't answer me, he was just doing this to piss me off. if he touches her im going to kill him.

i cant sit here waiting, i need to go to her place to make sure nothing has happened between them, i know my brother he will try get with her if he does anything i don't know what ill do to him.

i'm sitting outside alexs building, i saw my brothers car outside aswell, thinking about them alone, makes me so angry that i feel im going to kill someone.