two.three

PRISON

PRISON. 2014

ZARIA sat with the team of misfits, thinking of her next moves and how she could be ahead of the Guardians so she could get the power stone.

"I got one plan, and that plan requires a frickin' quarnyx battery, so figure it out! Can I get back to it? Thanks. Now, this is important. Once the battery is removed, everything is gonna slam into emergency mode. Once we have it, we gotta move quickly, so you definitely need to get that last," Rocket explained. Zaria watched as Groot went for the battery first, removing it and causing alarms to go off. "Or we could just get it first and improvise."

"I'll get the armband."

"Leg," Quill said, running off.

"Dipshit," Zaria muttered.

"Prisoner, drop the device immediately and retreat to your cell, or we will open fire!" A guard shouted.

"I am Groot."

"Fire! All prisoners return to your sleeping areas."

"Did someone say fire? Why I can put it out," Zaria said with a smirk. She stood in front of Groot and Rocket, holding her hands up. Water shot from her hands, creating a whirlpool, sucking the guards into it. "Nimrods." Zaria watched as Drax took one of the guard's weapon, throwing it to Rocket.

"Creepy little beast!" Drax said. Zaria rolled her eyes.

"Drax, follow Rocket's lead, we're escaping. Meet me at the watchtower!" Zaria explained, rushing towards some guards. "Hey losers! I want my stuff back!"

"Halt!" One said, holding up a gun. Zaria shot a ball of water at him, flying over and taking her pouch. Doing a 180, she turned around and flew to the watchtower. Zaria reconnected her coms, placing it in her ear.

"Swai! You there? I repeat, Swai!"

"Jenkins! What's new with your target?" Lyra asked.

"Quill and crew want to sell it for four billion units. I'm going along with it, but once we break out of this prison, I'm taking the stone and running."

"That plan doesn't sound smart. Perhaps, Jenkins, you should let them sell it, take your part of the reward then steal it from whom you sold it to," Lyra explained as Zaria landed in front of the watchtower, coming face-to-face with the other misfits.

"Sounds like a plan Swai, Aqua over and out."

"Who are you talking to?" Quill asked. Zaria replied by shoving him backwards, causing Quill to stumble into Gamora.

"We need all available guards in full combat gear..." a watchtower guard said. Zaria rolled her eyes as she shot water at the guard, knocking him backwards.

"Spare me your foul gaze, woman," Drax told Gamora.

"Why is this one here?"

"We promised him he could stay by your side until he kills your boss. I always keep my promises, when they're to muscle jobs who will kill me if I don't," Quill explained before turning to Rocket, handing him the leg he asked for. "Here you go."

"Oh I was just kidding about that leg. I just need these two things."

"What?" Quill shouted.

"You truly are an idiot Quill. Why on Xandar would Rocket need someone's fucking leg?"

"I thought it'd be funny. Was it funny? Wait, what did he look like hopping around?"

"I had to transfer him 30,000 units!" As soon as Quill stated that, both Zaria and Rocket bursted our into laughter, Zaria over exaggerating to get on Quill's nerves.

"How are we going to leave?" Drax asked.

"Well, he's got a plan. Right? Or is that another thing you made up?"

"I have a plan! I have a plan!" Rocket exclaimed.

"Cease your yammering and relieve us from this irksome confinement."

"Yeah, I'll have to agree with the walking thesaurus on that one."

"Do not ever call me a thesaurus," Drax told Quill, making Zaria laugh. She had learned the hard way that Drax doesn't understand metaphors.

"It's just a metaphor, dude."

"He doesn't understand metaphors," Zaria started before Rocket continued.

"His people are completely literal. Metaphors are gonna go over his head."

"Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it." Zaria cracked a smile at Drax.

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy!" Gamora exclaimed.

"Those are some big guns," Quill said, drawing Zaria's attention to the prison guards.

"Way to state the obvious Star-Lame," Zaria grunted.

"Preparing the shoot target to the watchtower on my command! Number one!"

"Rodent, we are ready for your plan," Gamora said as Zaria slipped out of the watchtower.

"Hold on! Number two!"

"I recognize this animal. We'd roast them over a flame pit as children. Their flesh was quite delicious."

"Not helping!" Rocket shouted, looking up to see Zaria, standing in front of all the guards. "What the hell is she doing?"

"Number three! All fire on my command!" A guard shouted.

"Aqua's gonna get herself killed," Quill said as the five watched as Zaria stood in front of all the armed guards.

"Hey birdbrains!" Zaria shouted, shooting water from her hands. She knocked all of the guard's weapons out of their hands, knocking them down too. Zaria looked up at the misfits in the watchtower. "Quit watching and get to the fucking ship! I'll meet you in a few."

"Remind me not to piss her off," Quill told Rocket as Zaria created a whirlpool, spinning all the guards around. They were launched into a wet pile, coughing as they tried to catch their breath.

"Swai, while I'm off with the misfits, I'm gonna need you to find the next stone on the list, reality."

"Already on it Jenkins, reality is with someone known as the Collector and space is in Asgard. Once you obtain the power stone, we'll meet with the Collector to get the reality stone." Zaria smirked as she rushed to the Milano.

"Perfect Swai, Jenkins over and out."